The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Feck, I know it's a signing but I was hoping for someone new in the announcement 

Cover at LB, LWB and CB, at a minimum. That’s an excellent signing given the strengthening so far at the back, as it also allows Hannah to be loaned for development at a minimum.

Deserved contract for Dick.Was the main stay of the defence last season.Has hit critics but he knows how to defend.

Murray wants the players for a (solid) back 3 option I think.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Cover at LB, LWB and CB, at a minimum. That’s an excellent signing given the strengthening so far at the back, as it also allows Hannah to be loaned for development at a minimum.

Yeah I'm not saying it isn't an excellent signing, I was hoping the announcement was one of our targets, I.e. Byrne or Chalmers or a goalscorer 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I think "excellent" is pushing it.

Like the man himself, it's a solid 6/10 signing.

Edited by renton

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Your his biggest fan Tx ( or agent 😜) I wasn’t  his biggest fan but a solid , rarely injured guy who never goes missing in games and gives us good squad depth 

It was Dick going by the website image. Would be weird to tease one then announce another. 

A shame we weren't able to pick up Turner, thought he was excellent when he was played in an attacking position for us. But our loss is Particks gain, they're going to be strong contenders this season.

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Hanlon deal might not be quite as certain as some think.

Big Friday night announcement ahead of the weekend.Just editing the video as we speak.

Posted (edited)

Dick signing up again ain't a huge surprise.  Hardly ever injured, clearly trusted by Murray and he can cover at CB if needed and more importantly looks pretty comfortable playing the LCB in a back three.

Turner I would have been a lot more upset at losing out on if Easton had departed as we all expected he would.  Still disappointing to miss out on him though, when he settled in and got up to speed you could see just how good a player he is.

Also, bit of changed days from when the club would have had season tickets on sale as soon as possible to try and get desperately needed money into the club.  Now you've got fans sitting desperate to buy season tickets and the club are just taking their time and putting them on sale when they think is best.

Edited by SanStarko

30 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Big Friday night announcement ahead of the weekend.Just editing the video as we speak.

Hanlon isn’t even in the country just now so unless we have already done the paperwork, he wont be signing this week!