The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Partick do appear to be splashing the cash so far. 

As I said on our thread, I think our two clubs are using their budgets differently.

It could well be that we just value Byrne, Turner and Chalmers more than Raith, whereas Raith appear to be wanting to strengthen defensively more than we are (plus appear to have outbid us for Easton).

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

As I said on our thread, I think our two clubs are using their budgets differently.

It could well be that we just value Byrne, Turner and Chalmers more than Raith, whereas Raith appear to be wanting to strengthen defensively more than we are (plus appear to have outbid us for Easton).

Yeah, this is a decent shout.  If Hanlon was to sign, him, Fordyce and Stevenson directly solve a massive issue from last season.  Turner, Byrne and Chalmers would all be great to have - but ultimately we have very good options in these areas.  

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It does look like it suggests this lads happy place is being kicked in the nuts. Thats a face of pain right there.

Then he’s an experienced Rovers fan, aye?

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

:D :D 

fatty.jpg

I didn’t say you could use my picture!

I’m of two minds on the price freeze. Granted, a £10 bump in tickets would only generate about £15,000 or so, but a pound is a pound, and the way these lads make them scream from pinching them, it would go a ways. I think ifs a good plan to expand the ST base some more, but prices will surely have to rise next year…we’re now the second cheapest ST in the Championship!

I assume it’ll be Pars and Falkirk as the A matches, and I still despise that A/B scheme.

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

If that’s true then they are paying well over the odds for him and think we have equally as good and definitely one better midfielder at the club already, just my opinion 

I agree, Byrne was great for us but not irreplaceable, he did spend a chunk on the bench.

35 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Glasgow Gr£tna

41 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I don’t think Hanlon, Stevenson, Easton etc will have been that cheap either tbh mate.

With Turner I think being from Glasgow helped with that

1 hour ago, renton said:

Thistle for sure, you'd expect Livi can as well. Suspect Ayr will be competitive in terms of budget this year as well.

Interesting that apparently 35 per cent of livis income last few years has been from the old firm visiting Almondvale.  They will not be able to rely on that next season.

I don’t know if there will be much of an impact but I guess will likely have some costing but over the next year or two they might have to tear up their pitch and put in grass if they want back into the premier league 

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I don’t think Hanlon, Stevenson, Easton etc will have been that cheap either tbh mate.

With Turner I think being from Glasgow helped with that

I think it’s more thistle are his club, he was trying to get one of the pens in our last game v Arbroath and Vaughan pulled rank on him and he is a big deal at thistle and apart from a handful of good performances for us he isn’t at the San Starko and behind vaughan, Stanton, easton, broonie etc 

It's only 2 seasons ago that Partick were in a spot of financial soapy bubble, so if they're overspending this season and dont make it to the greed is good league, there just might be a cost, our mantra was meant to be value for money on players, so let's just see who Potter and Murray can turn up 

5 minutes ago, spot on said:

Another one incoming 

If Hanlon is on holiday still then you’d imagine this is probably just Corr or McNeill signing a new deal.