The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not an excuse, a reason. He SHOULD have know better.

I'm sorry but we'll never agree on this. It doesn't matter how much painting he did, because what he did do is covet and chase a rapist, I just couldn't show admiration for such a man. 

He's an absolute skid mark. 

49 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm sorry but we'll never agree on this. It doesn't matter how much painting he did, because what he did do is covet and chase a rapist, I just couldn't show admiration for such a man. 

He's an absolute skid mark. 

Can’t believe I’m agreeing with a Townie👍. All that hard work went right out of the window when that rapist c**t walked through our doors at Starks

Well, anyway….we have 19 player in the squad, so I’d expect two to five more signings. Thoughts?

Keeper, starter and reserve sorted, could use a third keeper…young guy or possible #2 to allow McNeil another loan? I suspect young guy, as McNeil’s one year deal doesn’t say he’ll be loaned for development to me.

Defenders, fluid…if we’re playing 3 back, we’ve got what we absolutely NEED with multiple players able to address the wingback roles, but could use a wee bit more depth. If we’re playing 4 back, the RB is still somewhat the more outstanding question…despite Matthew’s capacity to fill in, he is filling in. Still expect another CB or two, and if two, the second being young. A RB is also expected, but will it be one also capable of playing CB or more capable of playing RWB.

Midfield, no glaring needs and we have most of the necessary depth, but I would probably expect another signing, perhaps a player with some more experience playing a WB role. There’s also the question of who is our reserve Stanton? Matthew’s isn’t that player, he’s a much better defensively focused mid…similar with Byrne and Brown. We could use a second conductor, but that’s very much a luxury until that first player goes down.

Attackers, we NEED a capable striker…but everyone needs exactly that in the Championship, and this will probably be sorted by a loan around September. All of our wingers will need to be capable of sliding into a WB role for flexibility, not capable of playing it well right now, but capable of playing the scheme and learning it, as I suspect that’s IM’s desire, especially if we get promotion.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Midfield, no glaring needs and we have most of the necessary depth, but I would probably expect another signing, perhaps a player with some more experience playing a WB role. There’s also the question of who is our reserve Stanton? Matthew’s isn’t that player, he’s a much better defensively focused mid…similar with Byrne and Brown. We could use a second conductor, but that’s very much a luxury until that first player goes down.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Charlie Telfer is the next announcement, Murray does like a midfielder especially an Airdrie one 😂

38 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Charlie Telfer is the next announcement, Murray does like a midfielder especially an Airdrie one 😂

He would meet the reserve conductor role…how well, depends who you ask…

1 minute ago, renton said:

The what?

Didn’t you hear? Were selling so many tickets right now, we’ll need another guy wandering the stands selling them…🙄

McGlynn maybe isn’t the best manager in the world but he put his heart and soul into our club to make it better. Did he make mistakes? Plenty! Does he deserve a warm reception from our fans? For one or two minutes before game kicks off…I would argue a strong “yes” and I hope he receives it from the majority.

20 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

McGlynn maybe isn’t the best manager in the world but he put his heart and soul into our club to make it better. Did he make mistakes? Plenty! Does he deserve a warm reception from our fans? For one or two minutes before game kicks off…I would argue a strong “yes” and I hope he receives it from the majority.

I definitely don’t disagree with the first part. He left us to mange a rival team who we had a lot of beef with recently so that’s the reason I won’t applaud him but I certainly won’t boo him. The other stuff is long done with for me.

GTF with all this warm reception nonsense. This is Scottish football are we are talking about someone who left to join a rival club, no warm receptions are given or expected and that's not even considering all the other shit about 'that' signing. Personally I don't do much shouting or booing now I'm getting on a bit in years but I hope the young team hound the old specky weirdo when he walks out of the tunnel on his return to Starks. 

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

GTF with all this warm reception nonsense. This is Scottish football are we are talking about someone who left to join a rival club, no warm receptions are given or expected and that's not even considering all the other shit about 'that' signing. Personally I don't do much shouting or booing now I'm getting on a bit in years but I hope the young team hound the old specky weirdo when he walks out of the tunnel on his return to Starks. 

I don't recall Jimmy Nicholl being booed, or not given a warm reception...and he left and joined a number of other teams...just saying. Now, I'm not equating the two, but I am pointing out the stupidity of that statement.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

I don't recall Jimmy Nicholl being booed, or not given a warm reception...and he left and joined a number of other teams...just saying. Now, I'm not equating the two, but I am pointing out the stupidity of that statement.

Jimmy didn’t manage many teams against us. It’s slightly different when you’re an assistant manager or coach. I can remember him being the interm manager for the Pars against us after they sacked Campbell and he definitely got jeered that day. 

Found McGlynn to be the most over rated manager we have had.  Yes, he (eventually) got us out the seaside league twice.  Other managers could have done the same.
As to cheering or booing, to me he deserves neither.  He almost killed the club.  So did Claude Anelka/THAT board.  Would we be cheering them?  Naw.
The day he walked out of the Starks Park gates for the last time was a good day.  A very good day actually as it was the catalyst to us being on this new journey.

When Fuckirk come to town, the whole lot of them will be treated the same way Airdrie, Ayr, Morton etc will be from me.  Not a care.  

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Will neither boo nor applaud McGlynn as I feel nothing for someone I once respected, he did lots of good things for us as a manager and worked hard on and off the pitch but the signing of DGW left a permanent stain on the name of the club we love. I was ready to bin my season ticket if that man walked out in our strip as were many others thankfully the board eventually saw sense after the response of volunteers and fans. However I will let others choose how they greet him and won’t be criticising other as everyone will feel differently and have their own opinions.