The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, grumswall said:

Rb to come and that's the defence well and truly improved upon from last season in every position. 

Aye, get a RB in and you can play a whole new back 4....

Absolutely shocked by this revelation. 

Cracking signing on paper, will add some great experience and game management to the defence. Our centre back options are already lightyears ahead of last season with the signings of Fordyce and Hanlon vs perma-crock Watson (who I very much rated if he could stay fit), Corr and Ashcroft (who we seen 20 minutes of). If we had they two last season we could have made a much better go of it so interesting to see how this season pans out.

8 hours ago, Been going too long said:

No worries Tx we will soon find out 😉

And we did, excellent news. Quite happy to be wrong on my guess here that he”d be turned off by recent signings.

7 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Euan Murray was carrying a shoulder injury for the majority of last season.

If having 3 quality centre backs means we can allow players to properly recuperate from injury, rather than applying sticky plasters to them on a weekly basis, without significantly weakening the starting 11, then I'm all for it.

Absolutely 100%, just wasn’t sure that we’d get it over the line.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

Guess he wasn't put off by Stevenson playing CB....

Guess we’ll see IM’s intentions soon…I suspect there are still surprises in store.

But anyway, congrats to Potter and Barrowman for getting these signings over the line…

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Rb to come and that's the defence well and truly improved upon from last season in every position. 

…and how! Any thoughts on the best quality couple of RB’s (or RWB) that might be available?

Chuffed with the signing. 

Cant take it in properly though as I’m still pissing myself laughing at the thought of Stevenson being a left centre back. 

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

…and how! Any thoughts on the best quality couple of RB’s (or RWB) that might be available?

Lewis Stevenson?

Just now, RaithRyan said:

Chuffed with the signing. 

Cant take it in properly though as I’m still pissing myself laughing at the thought of Stevenson being a left centre back. 

Then my sponsor, Tena, will be happy!

Reading the release, a three-year deal was surely a big portion of getting this done, and certainly sends a message. It’s a slight risk, although Hanlon’s record doesn’t suggest any possible problems, but absolutely says that this Board are going for it…and I guess we’ll be hearing about plans if/when we switch back to grass. Kinda a blow now that we’ve done so much to support the Community Foundation at SP, and even the new Cafe use of the Cabin, but it’ll be interesting how our beloved “Village Idiots” design this to our advantage.