The New Raith Rovers Thread

What’s his best position these days? He was a winger but we already have 5 fairly good players in that position. If he’s more of a 10 nowadays then we already have Vaughan and Stanton in that position. If there’s anything left in the budget then it’ll surely go on a striker.

14 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Didn't really get given a run in the team until the end of the season, looked like a decent prospect. He was offered a new deal but would have been 4th choice centre half which is probably why he decided to move on.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a load of nonsense he's taken from a website based on bookies odds.

https://www.teamform.com/en/league-ranking/world

TeamForm is a source for rankings, but it’s not off bets. Your opinion is exactly that, and you’re welcome to it. Mine is that those ratings have a decent formula behind them. It’s not ELO, but I’m not that interested in subscribing to a service for that…if you do, and feel it’s that wrong, please share.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

TeamForm is a source for rankings, but it’s not off bets. Your opinion is exactly that, and you’re welcome to it. Mine is that those ratings have a decent formula behind them. It’s not ELO, but I’m not that interested in subscribing to a service for that…if you do, and feel it’s that wrong, please share.

This is w****r talk for using betting odds m8, I'm sorry to break it to you.

Screenshot_20240625_201549_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb5447f98413184f29a7e5bcd5112b68.jpg

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is w****r talk for using betting odds m8, I'm sorry to break it to you.

Screenshot_20240625_201549_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb5447f98413184f29a7e5bcd5112b68.jpg

As opposed to ELO, which is based upon football results…and FIFA rankings that are, wait for it, based upon results…or those charts from Wyscout and such, based upon results and statistics. The reality is everything is about money…Wyscout was bought out by Hudl, which sells data to teams and, oh no, bookies. That’s why betting firms feature on so many team uniforms in the UK, and why Las Vegas now has professional football, after it was strictly a no go by the U.S. professional leagues for so long. The A’s are going to move from the 10th largest media market to the 40th, and it’s not just because they’re getting a stadium deal.

I understand your concern that it’s bookies that are involved, but, let’s face it, where aren’t they involved when it comes to such. Again, I invite you to post the data that you believe shows it’s incorrect so people can judge it.

This account posts quite a lot of wee rumours on X and is pretty much on the money when it comes to stuff I’ve noted. 

Posted earlier today … anyone heard any whispers of a former player returning as this would suggest?

IMG_9645.thumb.png.99ff8c3dcfa73b55cb696242ece5c20b.png

6 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

This account posts quite a lot of wee rumours on X and is pretty much on the money when it comes to stuff I’ve noted. 

Posted earlier today … anyone heard any whispers of a former player returning as this would suggest?

Probably f**k all given they said Logan Chalmers was on a PCA. 

22 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Zak Rudden coming back? 😬

24 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

They've previously posted similar about a signing for the seniors or walking football team. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Probably f**k all given they said Logan Chalmers was on a PCA. 

Didn't mean to quote you, apologies. 

8 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

We’re doing great recruitment wise. But letting Scott McGill go was a little reckless 

Never bought in to the hype with him at all. Average player who wasn't good enough to displace anyone else in the team, while being average enough to do a job in a few different positions. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Zak Rudden coming back? 😬

No chance. 

14 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

We’re doing great recruitment wise. But letting Scott McGill go was a little reckless 

I'm not sure why? Byrne, Brown and Matthews will always start in front of him as a 6/8, as for his preferred position as an 8/10, he wouldn't get in front of Stanton, Easton or Vaughan. Even as an auxilliary right back he'd be behind Matthews.

39 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Seen someone mention Bowie but I doubt there was anything in it. Would love it to happen but can’t see it.

Just now, RRFC1989 said:

Seen someone mention Bowie but I doubt there was anything in it. Would love it to happen but can’t see it.

Is he still under contract with Fulham for another year? Read his contract was until June 2024 then elsewhere June 2025

Just now, da_no_1 said:

OK to clarify. He won't sign for Dunfermline Athletic Football Club. 

Just because you couldn't afford him last summer, it doesn't mean you can't now. Where would he even fit in the team with players such as chalmers or mcann as competition though...