The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Played a blinder with last season's away. 1st top I'd bought since the McCrae's. Here's hoping this season's away is another belter.

I agree in the main, but even then, Joma messed it up by putting a big black label right in the middle of the map of Canary Islands, which was the defining feature of the top.

All the white flecks remind me a bit of this top, which was very much of it's time. 

Don't mind it to be fair but agree it would benefit from white shorts at least. 

Was any of the training kit available tonight? Those hoodies look nice in red and blue. 

Screenshot_20240704_192647_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

All the white flecks remind me a bit of this top, which was very much of it's time. 

Don't mind it to be fair but agree it would benefit from white shorts at least. 

Was any of the training kit available tonight? Those hoodies look nice in red and blue. 

Screenshot_20240704_192647_Chrome.jpg

Agree - more likely to get a hoodie than a top, unless away is the famous twa blue hoops....

The top does look a lot better in person I felt, when they did the reveal video I was thinking wtf is that.  But then the players came in wearing it and it didn't look as bad.  But we do seem to have a habit now of taking a decent top and then doing something mental with the pattern on the shoulders and then sticking a weird as f**k collar on it.  Still bought it though.

Wowzers, you guys got done dirty. Very dirty. Let me make this worse for you.

This design was specially made for Norwich City, based on their bespoke 'Weave' typeface, used as decoration around the stadium. Joma, or whatever supplier is acting as middleman between RRFC and Joma, simply recoloured it and stuck a different crest on.

It's also by far the worst Norwich away kit in years and years. Joma didn't even pick a nice kit to recycle for you

a0be4808-dd41-496f-8dff-94f9a4040825.jpg?width=1920

I'll share the link to Norwich' press release but quote the relevant bits below;

[...] this season’s away shirt is dark green, with a sublimated yellow and green weave pattern.

The weave is a core feature of the club branding that was introduced in the summer of 2022.

Here's a press release about the 'weave' that you're now being forced to wear;

Historically the club’s typography has utilised off-the-shelf fonts accessible by all. But now, to sit alongside our digital tapestry, the club and SomeOne have produced a bespoke typeface known as ‘Norwich Weave’. It's distinct, ownable and impactful, particularly In large scale formats.

For the first time, It also allows the club the option to use an additional font on our back-of-shirt during friendlies and in cup competitions. Fans will also be able to personalise their 2022/23 replica kits with this unique font.

Summary; you're wearing another club's stadium's decoration on your home kit for no reason other than that Joma consider you diddies.

8 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Wowzers, you guys got done dirty. Very dirty. Let me make this worse for you.

This design was specially made for Norwich City, based on their bespoke 'Weave' typeface, used as decoration around the stadium. Joma, or whatever supplier is acting as middleman between RRFC and Joma, simply recoloured it and stuck a different crest on.

It's also by far the worst Norwich away kit in years and years. Joma didn't even pick a nice kit to recycle for you

a0be4808-dd41-496f-8dff-94f9a4040825.jpg?width=1920

I'll share the link to Norwich' press release but quote the relevant bits below;

Here's a press release about the 'weave' that you're now being forced to wear;

Summary; you're wearing another club's stadium's decoration on your home kit for no reason other than that Joma consider you diddies.

Joma have got form for lumbering us with cast off Norwich designs - the pinstripe one from two seasons ago being a case in point.

images (8).jpeg