The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thinking about it, Murray in his post match interview did say it was going to be a big 24-48 hours with a lot of discussions to try and find out what was causing the issues with the performances.

Seems like the board have decided he’s the problem.  But Murray mentioning it in his interview and then being sacked the next day does suggest there’s a lot more to this than results.

Edited by SanStarko

Ya hoorsur never saw that coming, something been going on behind the scenes obviously , I bet this has cost big time paying him off unless its mutual. What's the betting on McCabe and Fordyce as the new management  team 

10 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

I’m unsure why so many Rape Rovers are surprised by this decision. You simply have to remember what line of work your wealthy benefactor comes from. After all the ‘conservatory’ business is extremely cut throat and when anyone steps out of line they are swiftly dealt with. I can only assume this is what Murray done. Or maybe he found out the true source of rovers new found wealth? Or maybe he just didn’t pay his tic bill. Food for thought. 

Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid, than to open it and prove them right.

2 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

This is where it all started going wrong. That was a ludicrous decision to give him a deal at that time. 

It wasn't that wild.  His stock was as high as it had ever been.  Perhaps the length of deal was excessive, but to suggest giving him a contract extension when we were 5 points clear at Xmas was ludicrous is harsh in the extreme.

Still a little shocked by this decision, however its better it happens now than in 4 weeks when a new manager wouldn't have time to bring in new players. Hopefully we have someone lined up and he gets the support to bring in new players and perhaps punt 2 or 3 out on loan or permanently.

Strange one from an outsider looking in. He arguably should have won the league last season, but getting you to the play off finals was still a great achievement. Sacking after one league game must be a new record even for the batshit crazy Scottish leagues 🤣

Edited by Thereisalight..

2 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

This is where it all started going wrong. That was a ludicrous decision to give him a deal at that time. 

Said it at the time but it was an absurd decision, seemingly made by giddy owners on the back of a quite freakish run of results which clearly wasn't going to last forever. It's pretty clear from that decision and from sacking him 1 game into a season that they are quite impulsive with their decision making, which would worry me slightly if I was Raith fan.

Emptying someone who got you competitive at the top of the league may have some merit. Until you see the recycled tolys that end up linked with the job. Finding someone that turns out half decent at this level ain’t easy. Airdrie or Morton might be good places to have a look 

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ya hoorsur never saw that coming, something been going on behind the scenes obviously , I bet this has cost big time paying him off unless its mutual. What's the betting on McCabe and Fordyce as the new management  team 

Long odds seeing they have fell out bad enough for Dycey to leave but hey ho.