The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't think Barrowman has come across at all well with that, a lot of words without actually saying anything.  Very much sounds like the players are gutted about it.  Definitely not a fan of Barrowman trying to throw Murray under the bus but making a big deal about him getting linked heavily with two jobs

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Very much sounds like the new manager has already been picked out and has been for a while.

Yeah that's the impression I got, and convinces me even more that hes already at the club

1 minute ago, Roath Raver said:

If we could have put it out quicker we would have. A lot of work went in to get this out tonight for the supporters. Understand it is late in the day, but people have job and family commitments. 

You are very much appreciated for all that you do fir the club

1 minute ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I don't think Barrowman has come across at all well with that, a lot of words without actually saying anything.  Very much sounds like the players are gutted about it.  Definitely not a fan of Barrowman trying to throw Murray under the bus but making a big deal about him getting linked heavily with two jobs

Yeah don't think he should have made any comment on reasons behind the decision. Legal minefield he's trying to walk and did get the feeling they 'hear' and 'see' things was an indirect way of saying they were concerned about off-field things i.e. losing dressing room/Ross Millen situation etc.

As above, they need to do this quickly and get it right. Feel for Murray always came across as a good charver.

1 minute ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I think the point he was trying to make about the jobs was that we could have lost the manager at any point so there’s always got to be a backup plan.

I don’t think Barrowman came across too badly. Never said anything outrageous and it’s pretty obvious players will be shocked. They’ll have loyalty towards Murray. 

It’s clear that they are quite far along the road in terms of appointment so it’s been ongoing for a little while. 

If they’ve had a new manager in the pipeline for a while, keeping him over the summer, through pre-season and the league cup group stages - only to boot him after one league game - looks even more baffling tbh.

He talks of research on the new manager having been done. 

You wouldn't be doing research if it was someone internal, would you? 

Announce Klopp / Moyes / Lennon/ Mixu

Edited by Brashy's Boots

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah that's the impression I got, and convinces me even more that hes already at the club

I don't think so. He mentioned about the variables involved and I took that to mean they'd be speaking to external targets and trying to convince them to come. 

1 minute ago, Railwaystand said:

I don’t think Barrowman came across too badly. Never said anything outrageous and it’s pretty obvious players will be shocked. They’ll have loyalty towards Murray. 

It’s clear that they are quite far along the road in terms of appointment so it’s been ongoing for a little while. 

Yeah I thought he was alright. Clearly a bit uncomfortable but that's to be expected and I think the main questions were all addressed, albeit with not a huge amount of detail, but again that's to be expected. 

No issues at all with that interview. More relieved to hear there's still 'substantial' monies left in the playing budget. I'd imagine club knew Murray was on borrowed time and would rather new manager gets access to the wads of cash to lead us to Championship title winning glory 

I thought it was a decent interview and he gave as much information as he could.

Having due diligence on potential new managers just seems sensible to me. Even if there was no intention of sacking him due to success, you then have the risk of losing him to a bigger club. Why start from scratch when you can keep an up to date list of potential candidates. I don’t agree that it suggests they’re looking within. I could of course be wrong though.

The main positive for me was the reiteration that there’s a substantial budget remaining to bring in more players.