The New Raith Rovers Thread

49 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just to add to the grumblings amongst our support.

Does anyone else club are starting to take the piss with what they're trying to punt us. 

The below subscription for a programme equates to just under £6 a copy. 

Now I've no intention of taking this out and neither does anyone else. 

Screenshot_20240807_163659_Fanbase.jpg

Price of a stamp is extortionate these days

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He still has another two years on his contract with us as a player, never mind his contract as the women’s team manager. He’s our captain and plays just about every minute of every game. 

You’d have to be offering us crazy money to get him. 

Club needs to move quickly for him, if we wait till 31st August he would be able to manage, but won’t be able to play 

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

I cerainly pissed my pants when we knocked Partick out of the play offs with 3 goals from only 7 efforts on target over 210 minutes of football 

Ruthless efficiency 

The 1st leg 1st half, we were brilliant. Best I'd seen us play for a long time. 2nd half, clung on for dear life. 

We have never been able to put 90 minutes together, sometimes barely 30 where we've been in it and looked like we had the ascendancy and not on the back foot or playing the ball sideways or backwards. 

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Now, I want to start off by saying, I can understand some of where you're coming from, but the bolded bit is really simple. We were winning games regularly (not as much as first half of the season, but that was always unsustainable) and we were fighting at the top of the league with Dundee United. For the most part, results matter more than performances, but when results start to fall away, focus comes onto how we're playing and why we're not winning. Fans were happy because of where we were and where we looked to be going especially when you factor in the previous seasons of Goodwillie and games where we had 1 sub on the bench.

If you can't understand that, you're probably either a moron or just an unsufferable arsehole, the sort that sits at home games and shouts "get if forward" constantly. 

Out of curiosity, what sort of football do you want the next manager to bring?, and try not to use cliches like "free flowing, attacking football". 

Winning ugly in every game is not the kind of football I want to see. Especially from an expensively assembled squad full of good footballers. 

Id like to see 2 up top with proper wingers, none of this inverted shite, someone who can whip a ball in that a striker (not Hamilton) can attack. Some creativity in midfield and none of this nonchalant boring play that we've been seeing. Play that will actually get you excited to watch. I think Gibson deserves the nod over either of the wingers at present to see what he can do. There is absolutely nothing in that team over the past 8 months that's made me say we played fantastic, but plenty of we rowed our luck massively and Big Kev saved us. 

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Good news, everyone. We don't need to sell as many pies this season. 

How much do you reckon we’ll get? No offence to Hibs fans reading this. But Hearts would’ve been the better option after the start both teams had on Saturday and Sunday

Edited by Stardog_champion

11 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

How much do you reckon we’ll get? No offence to Hibs fans reading this. But Hearts would’ve been the better option after the start both teams had on Saturday and Sunday

Was it not quoted as between 15-20%?

16 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

20% would be £120k, which would be fantastic! Not sure what was agreed though. 

6 minutes ago, westcoastrover said:

Just please announce a loan deal for Bowie to Rovers for 6 months/ full season .. thanks 

With that fee he's going straight into the first team. 

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

Winning ugly in every game is not the kind of football I want to see. Especially from an expensively assembled squad full of good footballers. 

Id like to see 2 up top with proper wingers, none of this inverted shite, someone who can whip a ball in that a striker (not Hamilton) can attack. Some creativity in midfield and none of this nonchalant boring play that we've been seeing. Play that will actually get you excited to watch. I think Gibson deserves the nod over either of the wingers at present to see what he can do. There is absolutely nothing in that team over the past 8 months that's made me say we played fantastic, but plenty of we rowed our luck massively and Big Kev saved us. 

A few years ago now Premier side Stoke fans complained bitterly about the football manager  Tony Pullis was serving up  ut successfully avoiding relegation

Out he went and out went Stoke now last season 17th in Championship

be careful what you wish for 

. There is absolutely nothing in that team over the past 8 months that's made me say we played fantastic, but plenty of we rowed our luck massively and Big Kev saved us. 

I'm starting to beleive you're not trolling here, and I just don't get it.

If we were to switch roles, and Dunfermline last year had went from 7th to 2nd, won loads of big games, got to a playoff final and won 5 derby games it would be the third best season (arguably second) since Dunfermline were relegated from the old SPL in 06/07. I don't know how Raith have done in the past 17 years but I'm going to stick my neck out and say it surely is in the the top 5.

Seasons as objectively good as what you just had do not come around very often, if last season doesn't "satisfy" you then I honestly question why you bother. When was the last time you enjoyed going to Starks over a season? 

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

20% would be £120k, which would be fantastic! Not sure what was agreed though. 

Obviously I have no inner knowledge of these dealings, but is it not likely to be a % of the profit? I'm sure I remember Skyline Drifter? The QoTS poster saying something with regards to sell on fees before, a buying club wasn't likely to accept a flat percentage before they've made any money from it. 

Regarding Bowie going to Hibs, think I am sure it was 20% sell on clause, which is it not based on fee greater than the £150k we received when they signed him?

So if they pay £600k then the difference is £450k and 20% would be £90k

I hear you, but winning ugly is still better than losing while playing great football. Thats what Queens Park did under Robin Veldman, they played brilliant stuff at times, but struggled to turn that into wins until he was sacked.

Two up top isn't something done often these days, and for good reason. Crosses into strikers is probably the lowest percentage opportunity around these days, its why the game changed to allow wide players (wingers) more freedom to get inside and take opportunities as well as create. Its also not common to play a 4 man midfield with wingers and a creative midfielder as every other team plays with 3 in midfield and overloads you. 

Saying that, I think this is where everyone is different, for me, good football combines a lot of different styles. The most exciting for me is the way Arsenal play, the way Liverpool play and the way Leverkusen have played under Alonso so far, all different but all progressive and entertaining in their own right. 

One thing we can agree on, the new manager needs to implement a better style and get results, otherwise, getting rid of Murray may come back to haunt us.

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

Just to add to the grumblings amongst our support.

Does anyone else club are starting to take the piss with what they're trying to punt us. 

The below subscription for a programme equates to just under £6 a copy. 

Now I've no intention of taking this out and neither does anyone else. 

Screenshot_20240807_163659_Fanbase.jpg

It was £100 for a programme subscription last season. In total I received 23 (18 league, 3 challenge cup and two playoffs) so works out around £4.30 a pop.

The cover price was £3 (I assume the same this season) so £1.30 postage and packaging isn't outrageous.

It saves it getting wet at the game or having to be folded into your pocket.

46 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm starting to beleive you're not trolling here, and I just don't get it.

If we were to switch roles, and Dunfermline last year had went from 7th to 2nd, won loads of big games, got to a playoff final and won 5 derby games it would be the third best season (arguably second) since Dunfermline were relegated from the old SPL in 06/07. I don't know how Raith have done in the past 17 years but I'm going to stick my neck out and say it surely is in the the top 5.

Seasons as objectively good as what you just had do not come around very often, if last season doesn't "satisfy" you then I honestly question why you bother. When was the last time you enjoyed going to Starks over a season? 

Don't listen, last season was thrilling in parts, mixed in some odd results with a bit of disappointment in the end. It certainly wasn't turgid crap.

1 hour ago, westcoastrover said:

Just please announce a loan deal for Bowie to Rovers for 6 months/ full season .. thanks 

No danger that’s happening.He’ll be a starter for Hibs.