The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Not our biggest issue at the moment but the board trying to significantly up the prices and change the 200 club seems a bit rash. 

It may occupy a premium space but its a club that has contributed a fair bit to the club through the not so good times and I can see the current plans causing ill feeling.

They've done the same with the McMillan lounge based on what I've heard. It's worth mentioning that for the McMillan lounge they presented a comparison to other lounges at Championship clubs comparing the costs. The cost was then negotiated and then agreed. I'd expect it's been the same for the 200 club. 

The 200 club was started away back in the 1950's/60's to help fund Raith Rovers and over the years until the 1990's did so until a cetain Mr Penman did away with there premises within Starks Park. Regardless of this the club was kept alive using out with premises until a certain Dundee business man sold the club down the river. The club were then invited back (eventually)into the ground initially in what is now the McMillan lounge then when there was no support back into the original club which is now the Raith suite. Over the years especially the 1960's till the 1990's the 200 club helped with the expenses of keeping the football club afloat. What is happening just now with the club but also with the Jim McMillan lounge is a slur on the hard working people who without recourse put a lot of time into raising funds for the team and it would seem that the present incumbents are only interested in how much money can they gander from the supporters.

40 minutes ago, william somerville said:

The 200 club was started away back in the 1950's/60's to help fund Raith Rovers and over the years until the 1990's did so until a cetain Mr Penman did away with there premises within Starks Park. Regardless of this the club was kept alive using out with premises until a certain Dundee business man sold the club down the river. The club were then invited back (eventually)into the ground initially in what is now the McMillan lounge then when there was no support back into the original club which is now the Raith suite. Over the years especially the 1960's till the 1990's the 200 club helped with the expenses of keeping the football club afloat. What is happening just now with the club but also with the Jim McMillan lounge is a slur on the hard working people who without recourse put a lot of time into raising funds for the team and it would seem that the present incumbents are only interested in how much money can they gander from the supporters.

It's almost like the board is full of village idiots... 

Just now, Jilted John said:

What’s the story with the two clubs? Has their agreement ended and the board increased the rent?

The club reviewed them because , comparatively speaking, they were under charging compared to other clubs.

It's not great for fans who need to pay more but the cost of living impacts both the club and the fans. 

We're all delighted with the new signings we've made the last two years, but the club is also modernising. Just because we've always done something before doesn't necessarily mean it's the best way towards, even if that comes at upsetting some people. 

Fwiw I've heard before the 200 club and McMillan lounge negotiated lower prices than what had been proposed by the club. 

For all the talk of maximising revenue it's been mentioned TNT Sports will be added at a cost of £1200 per lounge per season. This will make no extra money in the 200 club which is already at capacity pre match.

The new offering involves opening at half time for pies and hot drinks which are included but no word on who staffs this... more work for the volunteers presumably. If you are in the Main Stand or are less able to move about when the concourses are busy its not ideal.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Never really noticed before but today Stanton after the game went straight down the tunnel not acknowledging fans or the board. Is this usual for him.

I noticed that as well. 

Doubt there's anything in it though. Stanton doesn't seem the dramatic type. 

20 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fwiw I've heard before the 200 club and McMillan lounge negotiated lower prices than what had been proposed by the club. 

Whoever told you that about the 200 club was misinformed. 

1 minute ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

For all the talk of maximising revenue it's been mentioned TNT Sports will be added at a cost of £1200 per lounge per season. This will make no extra money in the 200 club which is already at capacity pre match.

The new offering involves opening at half time for pies and hot drinks which are included but no word on who staffs this... more work for the volunteers presumably. If you are in the Main Stand or are less able to move about when the concourses are busy its not ideal.

There was also a quote of just below £4K for Sky TV for the 200 Club, for the majority TV is not a draw and would not be missed if it wasn't an option, this I have observed for many pubs who provide this, punters are for the most part trying to have a conversation with friends or checking their phones.

Sky and other providers are not relevant to the environment at Starks Park, conversation and friendship along with the pride that fundraising for a good cause is what we have built the membership upon, if the board can't see this, they are the poorer for it.

Correct me if I,m wrong but the McMillan club were offering £20  match day membership,£15 if with existing member.What did you get for this?entry into lounge,sky TV,pay bar and hot half time buffet..Pie and cup of tea?

Really?

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Correct me if I,m wrong but the McMillan club were offering £20  match day membership,£15 if with existing member.What did you get for this?entry into lounge,sky TV,pay bar and hot half time buffet..Pie and cup of tea?

Really?

Don’t say that… Zen will tell you that if you can’t afford what’s on the table….

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Don’t say that… Zen will tell you that if you can’t afford what’s on the table….

f**k me!!!

£20 on top of paying for drinks, you'd be better off at the Abbotshall  or the Novar, at least you can have a meal for your outlay.

24 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Really?

The High Street pubs must be lapping this pish up, you can get the same here sans the £20 

How far out of touch must you be to think that people will fall for this nonsense?

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Don't really want to wade into this argument, but comparison with a High Street pub doesn't really apply, unless the football club starts to play on the High Street

How do you improve Scottish Football thread for this nonsense.