The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

The naivete of some on here who don't think the media will rake through us if we appoint an ex OF player as manager  is alarming, either that or we have a lot of Celtic fans on here posing as Rovers fans. This is not personal against anyone or their views, but we need to be realistic, appointing someone like Brown will put us under the BBC OF spotlight, even if temporarily.

Our last manager was an ex OF player?

What exactly are you thinking they'll take us through over? 

20 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

The naivete of some on here who don't think the media will rake through us if we appoint an ex OF player as manager  is alarming, either that or we have a lot of Celtic fans on here posing as Rovers fans. This is not personal against anyone or their views, but we need to be realistic, appointing someone like Brown will put us under the BBC OF spotlight, even if temporarily.

I dont see Ayr being under any kind of BBC or any other media spotlight, so why would we be different 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

You could be right with that scenario as much as I would hate that ,that for me shows a lack of forward planning by the board and a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully it is resolved sooner rather than later not because I wet the bed because as others have said we want a couple of new players in and would like our new manager/coach to choose them and it should be our no 1 priority now 

Why? Let’s say they were considering replacing Murray at the end of the season, but elected to allow him to try to show development through the Cup and early games. They had spoken in general terms to agents of managers or possibly some managers who were out of contract (they have to be very circumspect due to tampering rules) earlier due to IM’s dalliance with interviews for other jobs. They have some interest from a couple of people, but no offers were exchanged. Then IM crashes out of the Cup with stodgy performances and the first game is well, meh. The BoD decides to pull the trigger, and Barrowman is sent out with his press hat on to lull the faithful.

The fact it’s taking longer could easily be explained by an effort to get a top ranked manager, which would take time. Leaking names would risk inflating the contract demands of the eventual candidate or (more likely) his/her* present side.

*And, no, I don’t think the BoD is planning on a female coach…if we were in League One, it might be a stroke of genius,  but until a female coach has a good showing in League One or Two, it’s unlikely a Championship or Premiership side will pull the trigger,

23 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

You make a good point re Barrowman's' comments, he did come over as bit of a know it all, but I think that is him compensating for what may turn into a bit of a clusterf**k when their ' preferred top 5' tell them to ram it because they don't like they way they treat managers!

@Been going too long given your name, I would have thought you would have expected such fallout.

We've had an "ex OF player" as manager for last 2 years? 

Wonder what Gary McCallister is doing these days...... but seriously we haven't asked permission to speak to anyone yet, or it would've been leaked to the media by now, some folk cant keep a secret or a tongue in there mouth😂

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Think I can say with a degree of certainty Scott Brown will be in the dug out  next Saturday

Depending on fitness levels, there might be two Scott Browns in the dugouts.

This narrative of an ex OF manager must be a wind up that is whooshing past everyone, has to be. 

We've been in the media spotlight for the last year because of what we did on the field, it's safe to say the off field nonsense being referred to is over and unless we appointed the guy in question himself, it's not going to be brought up again. 

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

image.png.64cba31eacd67ed1c75b759c39889b42.png

thats not correct the time shown is 854. theirs a 2 hour time difference between the uk and Bulgaria. this was put up  35 minutes before the stated time so sorry but i will question this

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Why? Let’s say they were considering replacing Murray at the end of the season, but elected to allow him to try to show development through the Cup and early games. They had spoken in general terms to agents of managers or possibly some managers who were out of contract (they have to be very circumspect due to tampering rules) earlier due to IM’s dalliance with interviews for other jobs. They have some interest from a couple of people, but no offers were exchanged. Then IM crashes out of the Cup with stodgy performances and the first game is well, meh. The BoD decides to pull the trigger, and Barrowman is sent out with his press hat on to lull the faithful.

The fact it’s taking longer could easily be explained by an effort to get a top ranked manager, which would take time. Leaking names would risk inflating the contract demands of the eventual candidate or (more likely) his/her* present side.

*And, no, I don’t think the BoD is planning on a female coach…if we were in League One, it might be a stroke of genius,  but until a female coach has a good showing in League One or Two, it’s unlikely a Championship or Premiership side will pull the trigger,

You could have just said I disagree but your a yank now so 500 words will do instead 😜 we will see when the appointment is finally made Tx but imo it’s looking more like a knee jerk reaction and if it’s Liam fox level appointment then ………

2 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

thats not correct the time shown is 854. theirs a 2 hour time difference between the uk and Bulgaria. this was put up  35 minutes before the stated time so sorry but i will question this

It's a joke mate, calm down

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

You make a good point re Barrowman's' comments, he did come over as bit of a know it all, but I think that is him compensating for what may turn into a bit of a clusterf**k when their ' preferred top 5' tell them to ram it because they don't like they way they treat managers!

@Been going too long given your name, I would have thought you would have expected such fallout.

No I disagree with you and I don’t think there is any regular posters on here pretending to be rovers fans but really Celtic fans without bus fares , maybe your bit of a rangers man though😜 . Yes seen plenty of drama and will again but I don’t agree with you on this one but might be wrong.