The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Why else would you ask if Barrowman had gone to France............,,,,, we are the mighty Rovers after all 😂😂😂😂😂

who just left the job of coaching the french under 21 squad and its nt out of the realms of possibility

33 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Neil Lennon anyone if he’s getting the punt in Romania 👀?

That's more the level of name / CV I was expecting you to target in order to be a marked step up from Murray - years of experience in the top tier and achieved promotion from the championship. 

Have there been any player signings made since the sacking? The CEO interview after the sacking mentioned recruitment was ongoing and money was available. Possibly this has instead been set aside to get a bigger name manager? 

Maybe Robbie Neilson is homesick and said he will leave Florida for a pile of cash and a sunbed. Has also achieved promotion to the top flight more than once. That could also have taken some time to organise and could explain the wait.

10 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

who just left the job of coaching the french under 21 squad and its nt out of the realms of possibility

There’s more chance of Andy Ticklefeet being in the dugout on Saturday than Henry. 

1 minute ago, RaithRyan said:

There’s more chance of Andy Ticklefeet being in the dugout on Saturday than Henry. 

the same then applies to the neil lennon suggestion does it not

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Should that be the case then it highlights a lack of thorough due diligence that includes a potential candidate being remotely interested. Questions should be asked of the recruitment team around this and lessons learned for the inevitable next time. Saying that, there is nothing to say that is the case so for now we continue to assume the BoD have this in hand. 

I can understand why none of those guys would be interested, they're all playing significant roles in their current clubs and have just started the seasons. Leven is working under a new promising manager, O'Carroll is/was on a European campaign and with a team pushing for consistent top 6 finishes and O'Dea is now head of performance/player pathway at Celtic. Why would you leave those for what is a considerably risky job?

That was the thing that stood out for me the season has just started and it's too soon for things to have gone tits up at other clubs. 

Everyone is still optimistic and trying to effect their own clubs plans. 

It leads to a very shallow pool of people who are available. 

Wish I hadn’t bothered to read the thread.

To still not have a manager in place 16 days after dismissal is now embarrassing.

Its obvious intended target(s) are now a no go.

No point in getting wound up about it. It simply is what it is..it has however sooked a lot of the early season excitement out for me.

As long as this manager fiasco doesn't affect on pitch performances we should be ok till we get a good Coach at the helm, the players haven't changed, the system to a great extent  hasn't  changed, unless theres player discontent everything remains the same. The banter and speculation is just a side show

Our season starts again on Saturday let's just get behind the team

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

As long as this manager fiasco doesn't affect on pitch performances we should be ok till we get a good Coach at the helm, the players haven't changed, the system to a great extent  hasn't  changed, unless theres player discontent everything remains the same. The banter and speculation is just a side show

Our season starts again on Saturday let's just get behind the team

hear hear

It’s all about managing expectations. Had Barrowman come out on the Monday and said that we were going to take a month or so to thoroughly and methodically find the right person while putting Potter in temporary charge, I think we would have been fine with it. Because he told us it would only take a number of days, we are three weeks down the line and have become seething messes! I think to keep everyone on side, we really need an updated interview.

To be fair to Barrowman he said that he hoped it would be days not weeks. Not that it was definitely going to be days. Frustrating that we still haven’t got someone in but rather we took our time and got someone decent than rushing and ending up with another Gary Locke. 

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Beat Ayr on Saturday wouldn,t surprise me to see JP and MC( not hammer)given the gig permanently even though JP has allegedy said its not for him

Would be wild to sack a man due to results and performances only to give the job to two other men with shared responsibility for those previous results and performances. 

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Beat Ayr on Saturday wouldn,t surprise me to see JP and MC( not hammer)given the gig permanently even though JP has allegedy said its not for him

Won't happen it would basically dismantle the whole footballing structure by making Potter the manager plus I don't think he's interested in it. 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The longer this saga drags on, the more it reminds me of the time we waited about 5 weeks to make an appointment after McCall left and the big revelation was...Mark Kerr who was already on the payroll 😂

Aye, could well end up being Hanlon or similar here.