The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

It is all a smoke and mirrors plan to appoint Hanlon and say thats why you signed him on a 3 year contract

I doubt there's been any planning in this. 

26 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

Unsurprised the David Healy deal fell through. The link was only ever made due to the links between raiths wealthy benefactors and healys links to organised crime in the criminal underworld of Belfast. Raith have probably dodged a bullet with this one, in more senses than one. 

Mental

I'm really glad that I'm missing the game on Saturday due to having a family thing on.

Nothing to do with the team and how poor we've been lately.  

More for the fact that this thread is making me really dislike a large proportion of our fanbase and I really don't want to have to listen to the moaning in person at Stark's.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing we're now on to option #48 - Tim Clancy.

now that the comedy audition for bgt is over i wonder if piers morgan would endorse that

Edited by Varna Rover

21 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

This place has turned into f**king Chernobyl. 

Aye heading that way.

Having apparently now been turned down by 3 potential suitors we are fast running (if not already actually) out of preferred candidates.

I said earlier the role mightn't be as appealing as some of us thought it was, whilst the job may not quite be a poisoned chalice there must be a right few people out there thinking "3 have turned it down? What's the the problem there?"

Only time will tell as we see how the board deal with this man made problem and where we emerge from the lowest point in their tenure, but for now it sure looks like they've made a rip roaring James Hunt of it.

This is the difficulty in trying to get someone of a particular calibre, not an easy market and other clubs willing to put up a fight.

Remarkable to think we filled the vacancy a lot easier the last time.... when we were considerably less attractive than we were now.

We're gonna have to be patient... but I'm dreading Livvy going 1-0 up on Saturday!

37 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I'm really glad that I'm missing the game on Saturday due to having a family thing on.

Nothing to do with the team and how poor we've been lately.  

More for the fact that this thread is making me really dislike a large proportion of our fanbase and I really don't want to have to listen to the moaning in person at Stark's.

Don't read it then, it's your choice to come on here and not sure it's unjustified the way things have gone recently 

8 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

This is the difficulty in trying to get someone of a particular calibre, not an easy market and other clubs willing to put up a fight.

Remarkable to think we filled the vacancy a lot easier the last time.... when we were considerably less attractive than we were now.

We're gonna have to be patient... but I'm dreading Livvy going 1-0 up on Saturday!

This. Good people cost money and their current employers will want to keep them. Happens all the time in most walks of life. A high performing employee can use it as a gun to the current employers head, as some of the names here may have done, and that reflects well on no-one. It also leaves our vacancy unfilled.

I don't think the fact that some names have turned us down (Leven and Healy that we know of - others are speculation) means others won't be interested because they're not first or second pick. An ambitious manager still has the chance to prove something in the role, so we should still be attractive to those types.

Who are they though? I still think we'll end up with someone not on the merry-go-round and for that reason I've no clue who. A statement from the club, avoiding the used up cliches would be welcomed. Potts and Mickey can not carry this much longer, particularly if we get beat on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, lellywong said:

Complete f...k up by the Board, unrest in the team, ooh a season to forget 🙄

f**k up yes

Unrest seemingly

A season to forget....it's still August

Glad I'm not a board member, bold (totally rash) sacking, they do well to identify excellent candidates, then get told thanks bit no thanks. At least the names turning us down showed some adventure. Not sure there are many left before it's the dregs we feared to begin with. 

Some positive news needed asap. Not sure what a statement could say other than we hope Larne win the title.