The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

So now the new guy not only has to be in your price range, available and willing, they have to fit in with your specific style of football? 

How short is that shortlist again?

I mean thats not what I said is it? Comprehension another shortfalling as well as spelling? 

25 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Gree bairnies, gree 

Yasss the meltdown hasn't gone down a gear. My lunchtimes would miss this greatly.

Thankfully minimal damage to players wellbeing. Still a merry go round of views mixing positive, negative from outright trolls to happy clappers.

3 games played- we ain't making playoffs- give me strength

Board acted too soon- point made. A stranger would be forgiven for thinking the second half of the season was like the Anelka years. Dreich but still top 4 form. 

We know good options have been targeted and agree resolution is needed.

Good squad, room to bring in a couple and all to play for as we get ready to start September. 

Board have failed to deliver, but their infrastructure and engagement work has been excellent. Of course, it's football and not hospitality or pie of the week that ultimately matters. They know that and I'm delighted not to have the pressure they have created for themselves. 

Not sure the sacking of Murray can be labelled a mistake until much further into the season, certainly from the limited sample of games under Murray so far this season we didn't look like league winners or promotion candidates. 

31 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Not being first choice doesn’t lessen the appeal according to Barrowman.

I can't see anyone who is currently in employment elsewhere taking this gig. There's far too much risk involved.

Just now, Keyser Soze said:

another midfielder, surely we have plenty in that department

Do we? One, maybe two injured. One covering at right back and another suspended for the next game(s). While we also have Easton (at a stretch) and Montagu who can play there, we don't have any of them who is a playmaker type. We need depth in the squad. 5 midfielders when we play 3 is a good ratio.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can't see anyone who is currently in employment elsewhere taking this gig. There's far too much risk involved.

utter tosh yet again from you troll

10 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Do we? One, maybe two injured. One covering at right back and another suspended for the next game(s). While we also have Easton (at a stretch) and Montagu who can play there, we don't have any of them who is a playmaker type. We need depth in the squad. 5 midfielders when we play 3 is a good ratio.

fair point 👍

2 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Made only 2 offers out of 10 candidates and both rejected. I'd have sworn a one-berth on Pettycur Bay would be more attractive currency than it's proving.

I'm guessing the other 8 weren't interested enough for the club to even get to the making an offer stage.