The New Raith Rovers Thread

59 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

We are all going to look back and laugh in 2 seasons time when we are in Europe and we are all like 'mental to think the greatest manager we've had since Jimmy Nicholl was our 3rd choice'.

Literally no clue who's going to be the next Raith Rovers manager.

3rd choice? Would it not be 11th, or maybe 13th choice (lucky for some)?

41 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

if you think making fun if people makes you a bigger person then good luck to you. Your type is why this forum has gone to pot so give ut a rest

Some could argue its the absolute shite that's being posted that's made that happen.

1 hour ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

We are all going to look back and laugh in 2 seasons time when we are in Europe and we are all like 'mental to think the greatest manager we've had since Jimmy Nicholl was our 3rd choice'.

Literally no clue who's going to be the next Raith Rovers manager.

We are definitely passed our 3rd choice by now. but I love the optimism 🤣

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

The problem Tex is that the new man when they come will want to bring their own people in, if the budget has been used on people they don't want, it puts us in a more difficult position. Right now its just loans, which can be cancelled i'm sure (probably in January) but it leaves us in a tighter spot. 

Saying that, I think Jamieson is a good signing regardless. 

Except that, by definition, we’re seeking someone to manage within an established framework. It’s not that they intend to restrict the new manager, it’s just that we’re trying to find a manager who is better at getting performance out of a group of players who have shown the ability to do it, but who seem to have lost the X factor they had in the first half of last season. The BoD clearly felt that IM had lost the room, and now they have a list of people they feel would work within the current framework, plus applicants. I’ll note that an applicant, in this case, would have applied while knowing the constraints and personnel, and this would feel they can do the job as is. 

There is wide agreement on what is needed for a successful team, and we seem to be focused on filling those gaps. This team, as is, effectively was probably little more than 84 minutes away from promotion last year. You reverse the DU result, and the Rover were tied at the top, with DU ahead by GD. Add one more point earned in the December-May swoon to that single charge, and we’re promoted. Any competent manager is capable of adapting to personnel, and we’ve been very much focused on competence in this hiring.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

This whole thing has just become a sit back and watch the carnage type scenario. 

Everyone has vented their frustration and we're just into unhinged ramblings. 

I think if you read between the lines in the board statement they've been caught out with how long it's taken. Also Healy and his agent have had our pants down to get a better deal at Linfield.  

The BoD don’t appear to be panicking…the team doesn’t appear to be panicking…Sam appears to be (rightfully) pissed off. The carnage is between childish fans hammering their fists and demanding action now and trolls having fun. Healy played the game the way it is played these days, it should be a reminder to fans of other teams that the game can go the other way too.

Regarding the transfer situation, we've no option but to bash on with signings because it's looking almost certain that we're not going to have anyone in place before the deadline. 

The new manager will then just have to make the best of it until January. 

The whole thing is just a shambles. A completely avoidable shambles. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Regarding the transfer situation, we've no option but to bash on with signings because it's looking almost certain that we're not going to have anyone in place before the deadline. 

Your voice hurts my ears

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Ars*

10 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Omfg my eyes are bleeding reading this thread after catching up from last night, had a good laugh at th T-hall quip though

I keep skipping pages and pages as it's been more or less the content for weeks!

10 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Omfg my eyes are bleeding reading this thread after catching up from last night, had a good laugh at th T-hall quip though

You could always venture on to the Livi game thread. That’s a barrel of laughs. Everyone is super excited for the game and discussing local roadworks.

21 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

£150 a year seems pretty reasonable assuming it’s open for friendlies, cup matches, playoff games and league fixtures. Would work out at about £6 odd a game.

Seems like a good deal to me.

How many members does the 200 club have? 

What’s the difference between the 200 club and the McMillan club? I’ve often considered joining one but never got round to it. I’m actually quite tempted by the 200 club having seen that extract. I probably spend that just on a pie and a coffee at half time anyway!