The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thought that was brilliant, maybe no headline grabbing details, but pretty much everything was on the table. Didn't duck questions and was surprised a couple of tricky ones were actually asked.

I've been at ones years ago in the Raith Suite, this was much better. Well done to everyone. It can't have been easy to pull that together. 

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Can someone try and see if signings are imminent. We lack numbers and Nedd reinforcements sooner than later.

As expected, answered by saying needs to be right player, not just a body, and that we have several on way back from injury. 

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Enjoyed that Q & A. 

I now have some positivity back. Need to go for a lie down I think 🤣

Christ we all need a lie down after those first two sentences!😲😂😂

Looks like a lot was answered inbetween the diplomatic soundbites. 

What's happened to the 200 club, have they moved out? 

If the plans to build on the end of the ramp down to the street are cancelled what are they going to do with that big crater? 

£2 million for the railway stand is a hideous number guessing the plans are for more than chucking half seats into it again.

I also now have visions of a shifty looking barrowman in the corner of a Starbucks on the M6 waiting for an illicit meeting. 

Yes, the 200 Club was a strange one. The way the question and answer were delivered required a level of prior information that I haven't seen posted on here. This inferred that the 200 Club will be vacating their current premises, presumably because they've rejected the revised charging model proposed by the club. If anyone knows anything more I'd be interested to hear.

16 minutes ago, pub car king said:

If the plans to build on the end of the ramp down to the street are cancelled what are they going to do with that big crater? 

They aren’t cancelled, they just haven’t explored the other alternatives since the council rejected the cafe element. There’s plenty other stuff they want to do first. I think it will happen, maybe a single story at ramp level but it’s all to do with costs

10 minutes ago, RaithRovers1883 said:

Yes, the 200 Club was a strange one. The way the question and answer were delivered required a level of prior information that I haven't seen posted on here. This inferred that the 200 Club will be vacating their current premises, presumably because they've rejected the revised charging model proposed by the club. If anyone knows anything more I'd be interested to hear.

It was presented as a demand for money, when concerns were raised, the Club were told they weren't budging on the prices and terms. Terms that confusingly assumed that everyone that attended watched Sky TV all the time to the exclusion of conversation and never did anything else. Also the bizarre insistence that all members be season ticket holders and must pay for half-time snacks whether they wanted them or not.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It was presented as a demand for money, when concerns were raised, the Club were told they weren't budging on the prices and terms. Terms that confusingly assumed that everyone that attended watched Sky TV all the time to the exclusion of conversation and never did anything else. Also the bizarre insistence that all members be season ticket holders and must pay for half-time snacks whether they wanted them or not.

Other than the half time snacks, I don't really see a problem with that. If Sky TV is being broadcast, then everyone is going to watch it at some point, either for a few mins if an interesting game or score comes up or for a while to see the scores or a full game before the Rovers. People who say they'd rather have conversation, thats fine, but you'll still watch it when those your talking to check the TVs etc. 

Season ticket holders is again fine, its of benefit to the Rovers. If you're only going occasionally, why are you paying for the 200 club membership and denying a more dedicated/frequent fan a place if there are limited numbers. Couldn't you just be a guest of a member?

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

Maybe not so good for those who hate everyone back for corners though.

Yeah he seemed to imply that stats show that's the most effective way to defend them but can't see it going down well with the Rovers faithful 🤣

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

Another good Q&A, pretty open and honest answering the questions and a lot of interesting things coming out of it.  Maybe not so good for those who hate everyone back for corners though.

Collins out.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Why would you even bother going to the 200 club, or any similar club within the ground if you’re not going to watch football on the tv or have anything to eat at half time/full time?

£7 for what’s offered seems a good deal. I spend the guts of that on a pie and a coffee just to sit in my cold seat and watch the warmups. Seems like there’s been a dummy spat. Hopefully they can make up though and it sounds like the club will give them the opportunity to come back to the table.

Barrowman came in for a lot of criticism for the decision to sack Murray, a lot of it came from me! I think we are very lucky to have him, and the other additions to the board though. They haven’t half made a difference! 

9 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Seems like there’s been a dummy spat

This definitely did not happen, the decision was based on a massive hike in fees and unwanted add-ons which was basically a means to get everything to add up to a sum of money the BoD wanted.

There was a vote taken and by a huge majority it was decided to move on.

Regarding the TV situation, not everyone has an interest in the English Championship or Premiership, it's like going for a meal and being made to pay for a starter whether you had one or not.

26 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I am patiently awaiting them getting abuse online for daring to detail what is only for the vip 1883 club. 🤔🤔

I did think about this tbf. I posted last years one and no abuse then so I thought why not this year. Maybe I’ll be black balled next year  

Overall nothing new was really said. Some updates on starks park which the club always post anyway and some questions for the manager. It wasn’t as if they revealed a new signing as they have done previously to 1883 members, or maybe they did and we just aren’t telling you all …

I think it’s a good idea but it’s certainly not the main reason I am a 1883 member. It is a perk and killed an hour and a half of my time which gave me some updates on the club and the new manager. I look forward to the next one, if I am allowed. 

5 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I did think about this tbf. I posted last years one and no abuse then so I thought why not this year. Maybe I’ll be black balled next year  

Overall nothing new was really said. Some updates on starks park which the club always post anyway and some questions for the manager. It wasn’t as if they revealed a new signing as they have done previously to 1883 members, or maybe they did and we just aren’t telling you all …

I think it’s a good idea but it’s certainly not the main reason I am a 1883 member. It is a perk and killed an hour and a half of my time which gave me some updates on the club and the new manager. I look forward to the next one, if I am allowed. 

Thanks for the summary of the Q&A  @Offshore Rover couldn’t make it tonight, great the club is being as transparent as they can and the cladding is now looking a treat can’t wait to see it finished 

17 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

The summary is helpful and can't see many take offence. Like you I see it as a perk not the main privilege. Seems Neill Collins is going to keep his cards close to his chest. The session must give him a sense of what the clubs about for fans.

Neill indicated we will be looking abroad and knows he is taking on a project. The club being premiership ready and not just the team was also interesting.

Performances on the pitch matter most but I didn't get a sense of boom this year or bust next. Financials will be interesting but given the recent panic it seemed more than just PR tonight.

Can't be commonplace for clubs to run these sessions especially after a tough few weeks.  

3 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I am patiently awaiting them getting abuse online for daring to detail what is only for the vip 1883 club. 🤔🤔

I'll be over in a couple of weeks to sort you. Meanwhile...

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

...it's like going for a meal and being made to pay for a starter whether you had one or not.

...so kinda like Hospitality.