The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

A squad doesn't finish miles clear in second place after a title challenge then get to a play off final if that squad is shite. 

We need better players in specific positions but what we have is better than this seasons results. 

So it's about getting the best out of them. 

We've had 3 managers this season. 

Murray league and cup. (Not including pre season friendlies where he was unbeaten and didn't concede.)

P 5 W 2 D 1*  L 2  GF 7 GA 4

Post Murray

P 5 W 1 D 0 L 4 GF 3 GA 8

There's a clear regression in results from pre season but what has followed is just undermining the decision to sack Murray with every passing game. 

We are where we are just now if Collins can turn it around at best we will finish in a worse position than last year at worse I dread to think. 

Personally I think there's something rotten about the whole situation behind the scenes and it's spilling out onto the park. 

We haven’t replaced/sacked our manager and we’ve improved our squad this season and ? We are as bad as you.

Funny ol’ game the fitba 

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye, sucker punched from a wee coward. Of course you lot enjoyed that, you've got previous from last season in that sort of stuff. 

Whit, Vaughan literally went in to people from behind. He also didn't get sucker punched, he got pushed and then tried to simulate more had happened. 

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

You know it’s a banter season when you’ve got Falkirk winning with ease at our bogey team with 2 ex Rovers scoring. 🤣 

They've so many ex Rovers players, it's almost inevitable. As inevitable as it is that some / all of them will score against us when we meet.

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Two weeks' time is when Falkirk's long unbeaten league record crashes and burns.

It’s usually the way in the Championship.

Bottom beats top.

Happens literally every season.

If we lose against Hamilton..Falkirk will be heavy odds on favourites at Starks.

5 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I've not agreed with you at all. You said its flawed by design and it asks wingers to play as wing backs and full backs to play as centre backs which is fundamentally untrue. 

No it isn’t?

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Believe what you want but the persons I heard from have absolutely no reason to lie about it. He's hardly going to tell a fan in IKEA "oh yeah my injury is a load of pish and I'm leaving soon" 😂

So is he looking to leave? What’s your source saying to it? Surely if he is wanting to leave then the club should announce he’s available for transfer? Why would we wait until after the window is closed to allow that to happen? 

10 minutes ago, Wardy said:

So is he looking to leave? What’s your source saying to it? Surely if he is wanting to leave then the club should announce he’s available for transfer? Why would we wait until after the window is closed to allow that to happen? 

I love Sam. Wonderful player and we miss him massively. I'm told it's not his choice, why would it be when he signed a 3 year deal. But I've heard from 3 separate people a story and no reason to make it up. He's not for sale but will be sold if the right offer comes in.  

The club won't even tell fans about basic player injuries. Brown for example who was meant to be a few weeks but now it's cloak and daggers. If the club won't mention to the fans basic info like that why would they go on and say anything about Stanton. 

Maybe it might work out. Maybe the issue will go away and he can come back and get to the level we know he can be at.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I love Sam. Wonderful player and we miss him massively. I'm told it's not his choice, why would it be when he signed a 3 year deal. But I've heard from 3 separate people a story and no reason to make it up. He's not for sale but will be sold if the right offer comes in.  

The club won't even tell fans about basic player injuries. Brown for example who was meant to be a few weeks but now it's cloak and daggers. If the club won't mention to the fans basic info like that why would they go on and say anything about Stanton. 

Maybe it might work out. Maybe the issue will go away and he can come back and get to the level we know he can be at.

Fingers crossed. 

23 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Believe what you want but the persons I heard from have absolutely no reason to lie about it. He's hardly going to tell a fan in IKEA "oh yeah my injury is a load of pish and I'm leaving soon" 😂

Right. Not quite the "guarantee" you said it was then. Somebody told you.....

4 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

We did give it ‘a go’ and appointed a certain Mr G Caldwell. 
it appears to me that Club Boards’ take a punt on managers just as much as managers take a punt on players. 

Ah, but that was last time. 

44 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Right. Not quite the "guarantee" you said it was then. Somebody told you.....

Well yeah that's generally how you find out information. People tell you. Would you prefer I used the phrase "sources close to the club". I'm not exactly going to say "I was told by X player". 

Believe what you want though. I'm happy with what I know and like I said before hopefully it gets sorted out and he's back playing but just can't see it.