The New Raith Rovers Thread

Maybe he can be like Willie Penman - run wide, cross into the middle, then dart in to convert his own assist.

Until then, opposition will continue to exploit our madcap positional selections. Last onto the pitch plays right back.

Tbh there are glaring holes all over the pitch.  We've not really replaced Kyle Turner from last season, I have no idea if this guy will be any good or not but perhaps he could play a similar role?

We were told to be hopeful for a few bodies coming in - surely a striker and right back.

To be honest, I have been moaning about our lack of youthful energy in the squad so in that sense at least it is encouraging.

Given he is in his last year of his contract he has the incentive to make this a longer term thing or put himself in the window for other. 

Welcome to the Rovers Finlay.

Here is our man against Linlithgow Rose (wearing 21), wins a penalty at 4:19, beats his man at 5:51 to set up a goal and sets up another at 8:07.

Looks a good athlete and good size - and we all know what a great team Lithgae are so to see him stand out at this level I think we can all agree he's going to score a hat-trick on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

4.30pm seems early to announce a signing on a Thursday. Fingers crossed for another this evening. 

When the best thing anyone can find to say about the lad is that we might sign someone else 😄

Edited by renton

He has also signed a 2 year extension at hearts today aswell , Comments I’ve read the Hearts fans are gutted and think due to there own team underperforming young Finlay should be getting a chance , Yes it’s another midfielder but the current ones are creating Zilch at the moment maybe if they loose their place to Finlay they might start getting the finger out . We all know we need a striker and so do the club but we just canny waste money on any centre forward just to appease the fan base I get it results / performances have been hopeless but I’m willing to be patient 

Just now, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

If I'm not mistaken the managers pre-match interview isn't out yet. Which can only mean we are annoucing another 2 signings today and one will be Gabby McGill and I'll not look stupid.

It's ok, we were all hoping for a good season, so we all look equally stupid now.

Just now, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

If I'm not mistaken the managers pre-match interview isn't out yet. Which can only mean we are annoucing another 2 signings today and one will be Gabby McGill and I'll not look stupid.

Is the clock still counting down on your name change, and you'll not look stupid 

Pollock's injuries have been more niggly and growing pain type ones and a few times he's tried to play through them and made himself worse. He's had a full pre season and a good run of bounce/B games so finally looks ready to play games. I'm pretty gutted Naismith has shat it and not kept him around tbh, ability wise he's good enough. He's strong, pretty quick and direct. If he does stay fit I think he'll do very well at that level.