The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's not for me to say unfortunately.

I usually wouldn't have posted anything but there was a lot of negativity floating about so I thought it'd boost morale a wee bit ...

It'll need to be someone like Rio Ferdinand or Craig Belamy to boost morale after this shambles of a season...

Edited by Big Berk

It'll need to be someone like Rio Ferdinand or Craig Belamy to boost morale after this shambles of a season...

Marvin back for the third time? He's prayed to God and the big man has listened.

Unfortunately it wont be Alan Walker as he's just signed on at the ex-Rovers Graveyard.

Surely the various ex-Rovers must know by now that signing for East Fife is career suicide. They'd be better just bypassing them and going straight to the juniors. It's gonnae happen anyway.

Who would you like us to sign, Big Berk? Names.

We're not going to get the likes of Tade back; we might get Graham but he wouldnt be a huge improvement on the team. We always do things on the cheap, players and managers, and thats not going to change much for the new season. Penman at least had ambition for the club, the present short sigghted board arent going to spend money for the benefit ofwe spectators. We can dream all we like, but we'll be watching shite again next season.

Do you want to end up like the pars?

The usual schoolboy debating trick - take the opposing point of view and present it in an extreme form.

Now, let me ask YOU and RAT Machine a question - do you think the present management and squad are value for money? OUR money.

That would be easily caricatured.

BTW RAT Machine, you sure readers will see your witty sign?

Edited by Big Berk

Hmm, not so quick to think up a post now are we? Pressing a red square, like monkeys conditions to press a button to get a peaniut isnt a substitute for intelligent comment, even if you think it is :rolleyes:

The usual schoolboy debating trick - take the opposing point of view and present it in an extreme form.

Now, let me ask YOU and RAT Machine a question - do you think the present management and squad are value for money? OUR money.

That would be easily caricatured.

BTW RAT Machine, you sure readers will see your witty sign?

By that you mean, our money, the money put in by the backers at the club, the money from TV sponsorship and prize money, the money which comes from our own sponsors, the money from fundraising groups etc?

Don't try to paint it as though the fans alone fund the team. It doesn't work like that. This isn't painting as an extreme, its fact.

We're not going to get the likes of Tade back; we might get Graham but he wouldnt be a huge improvement on the team. We always do things on the cheap, players and managers, and thats not going to change much for the new season. Penman at least had ambition for the club, the present short sigghted board arent going to spend money for the benefit ofwe spectators. We can dream all we like, but we'll be watching shite again next season.

Wouldn't exactly call the Board short sighted. They're doing the job they are there to do...keep the club going while cutting back the debt, and they're doing a good job in my opinion, none of us could do much better to be fair. Ok last season was poor, cup win aside, but i'd rather we stay in the league and make a profit than overspend on getting one season the SPL with overpaid average players who think they are superstars.

We do things on the cheap because we have limited funds and are poorly supported by the people of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding towns and villages.

If we could convince another couple of thousand adults to turn up or buy season tickets, then we could maybe sign better players. That's pretty unlikely.

Update: Still waiting for an intelligent reply to a simple question

.... fast appearing to be beyond the ability of the average Pie and Bovril Raith fan :)

PS - excuses dont count ^_^

Edited by Big Berk

The idea that the board, who continually plug gaps in cash flow with their own money, are ripping us off is laughable.

Big Berk, the constant negativity adds nothing so I was inviting you to make some constructive suggestions - not seen any yet though. 'Showing ambition' is a bit vague, but if you're suggesting spending more money I'd love to know where it's coming from. If that's not what you mean, what do you mean?