The New Raith Rovers Thread

Might be out our wage range, but Christian Nade wouldn't be a bad shout.

Admittedly I laughed for ages when Dundee signed him, but as normally happens, I was completely wrong about his ability, and eventually, his fitness.

Signing him was about the only thing John Brown did right during his tenure, a man who should be more concerned with his single digit IQ, rather than the location of some deeds.

In a league that ended up featuring several strikers living on past reputation, he, and Jason Scotland, were probably the only 2 who could have been considered a success.

As others have said, there's absolutely no rush to get players in. Watson for example wasn't signed until the day of the Inverness friendly last year (I think), although ideally we would get our business done early.

The delay over whether or not Watson will re-sign is possibly holding things up slightly though.

We do seem to keep everything in-house, not a bad thing as I'm sure we had our fingers burnt over a deal once before, although I forget who the guy was.

I'm quite confident we'll end up with a decent squad. We just need to make sure we make the best use of them next term.

So it was. I reckon the highlight of his career was getting lifted after an away game at St. Johnstone due to him being banned from Perth.

It think it was probably playing 5s with me, all downhill from there...

A pars fan was telling me yesterday that there's talk of Geggan going to Rangers.

He's exactly the sort of player that Rangers should be signing, but recent history (Nicky Clark aside) tells us otherwise. They'll almost certainly spend a fortune on clowns like Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller and still be pipped to the title by a bunch of kids in maroon.

Also, it's of no relevance to anything, but someone mentioned Danny Grainger so I'd just like to point out again that he was in tears because the Pars weren't promoted, having been at the club for five (five!) months.

Looking forward to this big signing that the cockteasing Andy C and "woman from office" are dangling in front of us. I'm just a little worried about how their undoubted participation at the World Cup will affect our pre-season.