The New Raith Rovers Thread

:lol:

You can tell it's the close season, eh?

Gies a clue, Aund! Has his name got a 'J' in it? Or a 'Z'!?

It's not for me to say unfortunately.

I usually wouldn't have posted anything but there was a lot of negativity floating about so I thought it'd boost morale a wee bit if I posted that some positive signing news was in the pipeline.

I usually wouldn't have posted anything but there was a lot of negativity floating about so I thought it'd boost morale a wee bit if I posted that some positive signing news was in the pipeline.

Of course, I'm only kidding. I'm glad you did.

I wonder if Murray has made a wee enquiry about Stranraer's Andy Stirling. They've been playing him on the left wing, and he's right footed, much like Cardle. If we can find another attack-minded left back in the mould of Booth (or, in a best case scenario, Booth himself) we could do a lot worse.

Of course, I'm only kidding. I'm glad you did.

I wonder if Murray has made a wee enquiry about Stranraer's Andy Stirling. They've been playing him on the left wing, and he's right footed, much like Cardle. If we can find another attack-minded left back in the mould of Booth (or, in a best case scenario, Booth himself) we could do a lot worse.

Dude don't do it to yourself, we all want Boothy back. I even prayed for that miracle at #bbb eg, bring back booth.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Booth does end up at the Rovers next season, but it won't be any time soon. Butcher made a point of publicly inviting him to pre-season training. It'd only really be if he didn't take to him at that time, and actively wanted him off the wage bill, that we might come back into play. The season could easily be a couple of games old by that point.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Booth does end up at the Rovers next season, but it won't be any time soon. Butcher made a point of publicly inviting him to pre-season training. It'd only really be if he didn't take to him at that time, and actively wanted him off the wage bill, that we might come back into play. The season could easily be a couple of games old by that point.

I absolutely agree with that, if Butcher still has an affinity with the Rovers he should just let him go.

Could you stick your neck out and say the majority of fans would be happy? Or was it a player that very much split the fan base? Or would that give it away? :P

Unfortunately it wont be Alan Walker as he's just signed on at the ex-Rovers Graveyard.

How can this be? Remember, we were an embarrassment because he was punted for not being good enough for being financially sensible.

Safe to say, life after Starks hasn't been great for him. My sympathy is limited given his outburst.

Could you stick your neck out and say the majority of fans would be happy? Or was it a player that very much split the fan base? Or would that give it away? :P

I think the vast majority will be very happy at this news.

In fact, I'd be perplexed at anyone who didn't see it as wholly positive.

I think the vast majority will be very happy at this news.

In fact, I'd be perplexed at anyone who didn't see it as wholly positive.

The Witch

Eta

You in 200 club tomorrow mate?

Edited by RoversMad