The New Raith Rovers Thread

Has it been confirmed what is happening with Anderson and Spence? Not seen anything further than both had been offered deals. Sorry if it has been posted been distracted by the World Cup lately.

Spence has signed on at Alloa for next season

Anderson's training with us but not signed anything yet

Has it been confirmed what is happening with Anderson and Spence? Not seen anything further than both had been offered deals. Sorry if it has been posted been distracted by the World Cup lately.

Spence signed for Alloa, still wiating on Anderson.

Was it ever confirmed we only offered Baird a year? An absolute disgrace if so.

We'll finally see what we offered this year, as I reckon, Watson, Moon and Baird were probably offered pretty much the same contract, if they've only signed a year, then I think that would be what we offered Baird

Spence has signed on at Alloa for next season

Anderson's training with us but not signed anything yet

Spence signed for Alloa, still wiating on Anderson.

Thanks must of missed Spence going to Alloa can't say i'm overly bothered by that and of the 2 Anderson is the one I would rather sign up. Spence had potential but not sure he has the attitude to achieve it.

We'll finally see what we offered this year, as I reckon, Watson, Moon and Baird were probably offered pretty much the same contract, if they've only signed a year, then I think that would be what we offered Baird

I'm pretty sure that Eric Drysdale mentioned that we offered the same deal as Q.O.S but Baird opted for them because it was less travelling. I'd need to look for the interview but I'm certain that's what he said

I'm pretty sure that Eric Drysdale mentioned that we offered the same deal as Q.O.S but Baird opted for them because it was less travelling. I'd need to look for the interview but I'm certain that's what he said

That's what I recall. Definitely matched the offer but I think Queens train in Cumbernauld and that's where Baird stays.

.... on the subjec tof Archie Campbell, wouldn't mind him signing. has pace to burn, has proven it at this level previously. As I said on the Dumbarton threa dwhen his name came up - did most of his good work prior to an injury ina 4-4-2 I think. Not really cut out as the 1 in a 4-5-1. Given the mess they wer ein last year, the numbe rof opportunities he had, then I don't think it's fair to judge him from that.

Wouldn't mind him signing for us.

.... on the subjec tof Archie Campbell, wouldn't mind him signing. has pace to burn, has proven it at this level previously. As I said on the Dumbarton threa dwhen his name came up - did most of his good work prior to an injury ina 4-4-2 I think. Not really cut out as the 1 in a 4-5-1. Given the mess they wer ein last year, the numbe rof opportunities he had, then I don't think it's fair to judge him from that. Wouldn't mind him signing for us.

I think it looks increasingly like we'll be playing with a 4-2-3-1, with Nade at the peak, almost playing as a false nine. While I'm not sure he'll be dropping all the way into the midfield, he might spend a lot of the game with his back to goal, with Elliot directly behind him picking up the short passes. It looks like alongside Elliot we're looking for pacey options (ie, Stewart, Campbell, Anderson) to charge into the box.

That's obviously a fairly attacking option, especially as the two sitting midfielders look to be any two of Moon (fairly attack minded), Callachan (fairly inexperienced) and Fox (fairly shite).

I wonder if games at Ibrox and in Edinburgh might not see us line up with a back five. Hill, Barr and Watson in the centre, with McKeown and Thomson as wing-backs. We've then got Scott to take the place of one of the pacier guys in the middle of the park, to offer us a little more solidity.

At this level with whats out there at the moment Campbell might be a very good signing....if hes fully recovered from his injuries of last season maybe a new club and a fresh challenge is what he needs....he's got bags of pace, proved in the past that he's got an eye for goal and from what I remember he's good player who can cause a lot of teams bother on his day....hes still young as well so has the time to improve....with Hilson set to sign for Forfar theres not many other decent options.