The New Raith Rovers Thread

They need to start thinking about weighing up potential management pay-off vs costs ADMO has outlined. Unplanned expenditure short-term could be more cost effective, long-term, than a potential relegation situation or season ticket sale collapse....

Thing that gets me r.e the BOD (and before i say this i suppose credit is to be giving where its due for helping from the as said "off field" situations), however how far into the future are they really looking ? From where i stand, currently under this Murray dross and ignoring what the fans want, season tickets are bound to collapse next season probably as high as 50%+ due to so many buying this season and deciding not to re-buy after 2 of the big 3 leave the league ... How does that stand well for us financially ....

If we're still in the League next season we'll probably have Hibs and the Pars, so there'll still be a fair bit if interest. However, there would be a lot more interest if were a bit more rewarding to watch.

It might be that there is an element of pride sitting with the board or at least a strained hope that it will click into gear for Murray. To promote a young manager from within and for it to breed success would be the cherry on top of the hard work to balance the books.

However they are all business men in their own rights and must really recognise there is a real threat to the hard work of that last few years, either through relegation or fans walking away from such a poor brand of football.

Obviously you can also look at cases such as Cowdenbeath who changed manager and got a short jolt however they now seem to have regressed way beyond Cameron's Cowdenbeath.

However I'm starting to see the positives in change.

A draw with Alloa, sitting 5th in the league and 1500 in attendance, is hardly going to have the Board panicking and hunting around the stationary cupboard for a P45. The football today wasn't great, but I would imagine that if we'd had a bit more of a threat upfront we'd have won. I've seen worse.

Sitting 4th in the league now mate. And the promotion bus is back on the road...

I've seen it far to often in supporting Rovers for over 30 years, when you know a manager hasn't got it , Murray is never going to turn it around concerning the fans no matter what he does.A teams bread and butter is its home form you just have to look at ours since 2013 it's totally abysmal. I totally detest ice hockey but look at our neighbours Fife Flyers averaging 2000 a home game why? Because the fans are being entertained. Act now Mr Hutton, drysdale sack that numpty Murray before we lose anymore fans.

I've seen it far to often in supporting Rovers for over 30 years, when you know a manager hasn't got it , Murray is never going to turn it around concerning the fans no matter what he does.A teams bread and butter is its home form you just have to look at ours since 2013 it's totally abysmal. I totally detest ice hockey but look at our neighbours Fife Flyers averaging 2000 a home game why? Because the fans are being entertained. Act now Mr Hutton, drysdale sack that numpty Murray before we lose anymore fans.

I have been to one Flyers game in my life which was thirty years ago which says it all for me.

However, I digress, what I intended to ask was, Can you buy and consume alcohol at the ice hockey?

It might be that there is an element of pride sitting with the board or at least a strained hope that it will click into gear for Murray. To promote a young manager from within and for it to breed success would be the cherry on top of the hard work to balance the books.

However they are all business men in their own rights and must really recognise there is a real threat to the hard work of that last few years, either through relegation or fans walking away from such a poor brand of football.

They actually aren't businessmen at all though. None of them have taken on a business and progressed it through their own decisions. Mario Caira apart, our board is made up of accountants, financial services workers or public servants. I'm in no way having a go at those industries whatsoever but they haven't started or progressed business with their own decisions. What we need are people who know how to progress a business and make business decisions, not simply looking at a balance sheet and seeing if we're in profit or not. They are not looking at the fact that even if we survive this season, based on current performances and circumstances, season ticket numbers will be down next season.

I know of a business that have taken season tickets for the last few seasons but have had absolutely no contact from the club whatsoever. From my point of view the club is community only in name just now.

That was really bad today, can't believe the manager went so long without changing the system.

If you play 1 up front he must have the ability to hold the ball up for supporting players. Stewart is full of running and effort, but isn't a hold up player, that and the fact we have a midfield totally incapable of running beyond the forward in support makes this style ineffective.

McKay is an enigma, fancy footwork and one decent cross isn't good enough for me. Poor defensively, which heaps pressure on the dodgy back line.

At least McGurn made himself heard with the back line at the goal, and had a solid game. We have no players with drive to take their man on, or play one two's.

Would Callaghan be a better option than Scott if this formation is going to be a regular fixture ? At least the boy can take a pot shot or two.

Or do we have another fit forward, apart from Vaughan ? No harm in giving a youngster a go for 20 mins or so.

, based on current performances and circumstances, season ticket numbers will be down next .

To be honest, after the pish that came from the BOD last season about more strength in depth, no one will believe a word they say. Murray will probably get offered a new contract out of spite.

Murray won't be sacked and I doubt he'll walk when his contact runs till the end of next season.

I do get the impression that the club is so determined to be seen as the sort of club that doesn't sack managers and gives them plenty of time that they will probably cut their nose off to spite their face when it comes to Murray.

The board would get slaughtered by the press if they sacked Murray with us mid table and only 6 months after winning the challenge cup. You can only appreciate the problems by watching us play regularly.

After today I don't think he'll ever win the majority of fans round now though. Going into a home game against Alloa with a 7 point advantage in October and displaying such a negative 'must not lose' mentality is disgraceful.

From my point of view the club is community only in name just now.

Think that statement is a bit harsh. As I think Nairny said above the off the field stuff has improved a lot in the last few years. Financially they aren't making huge losses as we have done in the past and they seem to be starting to do stuff around the community and for kids. For years there was absolutely nothing done on that front.

Having said all that today was uninspiring pish. We didn't lose though and still think our league position means it would be on the harsh side to sack Murray at this point but if we are served up more of what was on offer today then it won't be long before we slip down the division and I'll call the shouts for Murray to pack it in. Still benefit of doubt for me...but only just