Nom Nom Nom

41 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I found one of these in Aldi the other day. Absolutely superb but unsure of the best way to consume; for the time being it's just been the odd spoonful straight out the jar but I'd imagine it would go lovely mixed in a steak and sausage stew. 

IMG_0503+%281%29.jpg

In a satay sauce perhaps?

Struggling to visualise how much that would make. Go with a recipe and just double the garlic? Tbh I'd make pesto with however much basil I had to hand, plus oil to the right consistency then everything else to taste.

3 raw cloves might overpower it. You could also roast the garlic first and use a lot more than 3

When you are making your pesto, what quantities do you use? I like garlic so was gonna chuck 3 cloves in for 150ml of oil.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Three hours and no puns?  I’ve never made cheese but Emmental enough to give it a go.

quite a complicated undertaking in spite of the seemingly basic ingredients - you have to follow the guidelines very caerphilly...

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This has probably been asked before but can I presume this is the Scottish Football Forum referred to in the story. If so, is the lad still on here?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-52386825

Don’t think k it was here but his recipe books are magic. 

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I really want to make some spring rolls but cants find any of the pastry/wrappers in the supermarket.  Does anyone know who stocks them?  I don't know if I could justify going over to See Woo. 

Puff pastry is found in one of the fridge aisles, usually not too far away from chilled pizzas/Mexican dips/ready meals.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Puff pastry is found in one of the fridge aisles, usually not too far away from chilled pizzas/Mexican dips/ready meals.

What kind of spring roll do you think he is making with puff pastry!