Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The incontinence pants never got delivered at this care home yesterday.

164cba9694b76683155902b6b92a2c85784378c5bfef49c3dba891f8a1085cea_4085297.jpg

Is the old dear in the chair doing a spot of knitting? The least amount of fucks ever given if so.

Bit of a dilemma... girlfriend and her pal due to go to Lanzarote in a few weeks, her pal (bit of a cow) has decided she can't be arsed going now and I've had to step in and do the name change thing, so now I'm going on holiday with the girlfriend. The dilemma is about her pal. Do I give her the full amount or what? Part of me is saying give her nothing because she was a nightmare in the paying process and then pulled out two weeks before travelling but the rest of me is questioning if this is the right thing to do.

Bit of a dilemma... girlfriend and her pal due to go to Lanzarote in a few weeks, her pal (bit of a cow) has decided she can't be arsed going now and I've had to step in and do the name change thing, so now I'm going on holiday with the girlfriend. The dilemma is about her pal. Do I give her the full amount or what? Part of me is saying give her nothing because she was a nightmare in the paying process and then pulled out two weeks before travelling but the rest of me is questioning if this is the right thing to do.

I did that with a mate. He had split up with his girlfriend in January and they'd booked a holiday in February. He hadn't paid the full thing yet, so basically I paid the nam change and remaining outstanding amount on the holiday, which was about half I think. So I got a holiday half price, but he wasn't bothered since if I hadn't gone, he'd either have gone alone or had to cancel it and he'd only have got the amount I paid back anyway.

If you don't offer the full amount you'll look like a bit of a dick (even though you have a legitimate gripe).

If she accepts it with just a basic thank you then she's being a dick.

Basically...you should offer full amount. She should suggest that she takes only half for the trouble caused (or at least gives you a chunk back, if not 50%).

Everyone wins.

(Rarely happens)

6 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Offer 0p in the £. 

Sounds like a conundrum and a half.

Easiest thing to do would be to split up with your girlfriend, never speak to either of them again, and go somewhere else on holiday with your mates instead.

Would you beat her in a fight?

How much is the name change? £100? Holiday, albeit to lanzarotte with your bird, for £100? Pay the pal, easiest for all concerned.

47 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Tell her that she has landed you with an unexpected commitment that you had not planned for and ask her to give you some spending money as compensation.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

If you don't offer the full amount you'll look like a bit of a dick (even though you have a legitimate gripe).

If she accepts it with just a basic thank you then she's being a dick.

Basically...you should offer full amount. She should suggest that she takes only half for the trouble caused (or at least gives you a chunk back, if not 50%).

Everyone wins.

(Rarely happens)

At most he should be offering the full amount less the name change fee.

At most he should be offering the full amount less the name change fee.

Aye, agreed. I forgot about that charge.

Frankly though, some of the suggestions that have come in since I posted are far, far better.

Pump her, then batter her, then dump your missus and go with your pals.

It hadn't even crossed my mind to pay the full amount for the holiday! f**k that! She agreed to go, she now can't go, someone else should pay for? Aye, that seems fair right enough. Pay for the name change.
How much of an arsehole is your bird though, if even the arsehole pal has bailed on her...

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Sounds like a conundrum and a half.

Easiest thing to do would be to split up with your girlfriend, never speak to either of them again, and go somewhere else on holiday with your mates instead.

I like the way you think!

How long have you been single now?

Came to an agreement that I'd pay in full but not all at once. Still quite raging that she's bailed out on this at the last minute after trying to bail out on numerous occasions. It was also her idea to book the thing. Cow.