Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

They say every day is a school day, well today I learned about Flying Ant Day. I came in from the shops, went out to the car 10 minutes later and the front path was covered with a huge swarm of ants, with hundreds, if not thousands of flying ants taking off. Half an hour an hour later they had all disappeared and ant activity was back to normal. A neighbour said his daughter was out walking a couple of miles away and there were swarms of flying ants where she was. I've since learned it happens one day once a year.

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Someone has just emptied half the tram by being just completely and utterly stinking. I'm talking (possibly accurately) gangrene levels of horrendous. Took a brief glance and he's got a disgusting bandage over one foot and ankle. 

And no it wasn't me. 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

3 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

They say every day is a school day, well today I learned about Flying Ant Day. I came in from the shops, went out to the car 10 minutes later and the front path was covered with a huge swarm of ants, with hundreds, if not thousands of flying ants taking off. Half an hour an hour later they had all disappeared and ant activity was back to normal. A neighbour said his daughter was out walking a couple of miles away and there were swarms of flying ants where she was. I've since learned it happens one day once a year.

same here, usually happens on the first rains of the year, round about May. it's a nightmare, they get everywhere, house is covered.

12 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Just wait till next year when the Flying Decs come along as well.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The Meg was quite funny. Looking forward to seeing the sequel.

The finale of the trilogy is actually me on a surfboard getting chased by an evil pollok down the Clyde.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Someone was telling me their office overlooks a clown's graveyard - probably the most terrifying thing I've ever heard - and I listen to prog rock.

What do you call an unfunny clown? 

A clunt

The head of a telescopic tree pruner I bought just over a year ago snapped today when I was cutting a branch back. It was just outside the guarantee period to return it to Screwfix, but there is a 5 year guarantee with Spear and Jackson. I emailed them with pictures of the pruner and a copy of my Screwfix invoice, and 20 minutes later I got an email apologising for the failure, and telling me a replacement had been ordered and will be delivered to me. Service as it should be I thought.

24 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

The head of a telescopic tree pruner I bought just over a year ago snapped today when I was cutting a branch back. It was just outside the guarantee period to return it to Screwfix, but there is a 5 year guarantee with Spear and Jackson. I emailed them with pictures of the pruner and a copy of my Screwfix invoice, and 20 minutes later I got an email apologising for the failure, and telling me a replacement had been ordered and will be delivered to me. Service as it should be I thought.

Compare that with Boots in Stirling determined to bring the 1970s back

20230728_133211.thumb.jpg.617a8d597381b217bbf94aecf62a2106.jpg

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

The one on Great Western Road at the top of Byres Road does that as well, although the times aren't consistent.

I sometimes think the pharmacist just sticks random signs up for a laugh

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Someone was telling me their office overlooks a clown's graveyard - probably the most terrifying thing I've ever heard - and I listen to prog rock.

If the clowns were buried with their shoes on, they'll be ten feet under.

Edited by philpy

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

That’s you lot f**ked too then, it started here about a year ago. Half hour for lunch at a scheduled time, usually about 1-1:30 or 1:30-2. Makes no freaking sense, they don’t close for breakfast or dinner, yet they’re open from 7A-9P.

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

What the hell is this??! How are you meant to crawl in at 2am after a sesh, or nip out for a slash when half-cut?

PXL_20230728_1555578192.thumb.jpg.60e0ff2855e321b3a5fac95864045e56.jpg

Interesting plate that- FKU...

Bit like this one I saw. Would suit an Arab

IMG_20230521_133843313.thumb.jpg.22dc42ea5a6ba22138cc565ad073b9b6.jpg