Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Sauce goes on everything except fish. I want vinegar on my fish. In fact, if using my local I will have salt only and use my own vinegar instead of the one from the chippy. 

That's fair enough. I usually only ask for the sauce on the chips, but they slam the fish on top so it gets a hint of seasoning from them! 

6 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Going to the movies with my son to see a film called Sting.

I know nothing about it apart From there is a spider on the ceiling in the thumbnail. Just realised they are biters and not stingers so maybe I've made a mistake. 

would you recommend this film to @KnightswoodBear ?

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was playing that earlier as well.

You can customise your playlist. Kinda cool.

10 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

When I go into my local chippy I ask for fish n chips and the woman always corrects me and says fish supper. I stopped asking for fish suppers because it always came out like chip supper and I sounded a right divvy.

I was explaining to the lass in the Scarborough chippy that our menus usually have the item, eg haddock, then a price for a single or supper. It was like I was talking Greek. 

5 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I was explaining to the lass in the Scarborough chippy that our menus usually have the item, eg haddock, then a price for a single or supper. It was like I was talking Greek. 

You are. 

The Swifties are out in force early in Edinburgh. My retinas are burning. Before 9 is too early for neon gear. 

Around this time last year, Josh Taylor was fighting in New York. A couple of hundred hardy looking lads from The Pans decked out in black and many with “Taylor” T-shirts on the same flight as us. Gave me and the missus a giggle when we heard a stewardess ask if they were Taylor Swift fans. 

Posted (edited)

Any time I've ever seen anything about Taylor Swift's new (Eras) tour, this has immediately popped into my head: 

Edited by Hedgecutter
timestamp

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The Swifties are out in force early in Edinburgh. My retinas are burning. Before 9 is too early for neon gear. 

Around this time last year, Josh Taylor was fighting in New York. A couple of hundred hardy looking lads from The Pans decked out in black and many with “Taylor” T-shirts on the same flight as us. Gave me and the missus a giggle when we heard a stewardess ask if they were Taylor Swift fans. 

Yip had to nip into the city centre today so went early to avoid it all,my train was heaving ( just after 9) with swifties so did what I had to do and jumped on the first train outta there.Godspeed to all our Edinburgh residents this weekend 

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Oh no. Not more chippy/chipper stuff, surely.

That's the thread fucked for the weekend. 

Simple answer to fix it once and for all.

Those who call it a chippy are correct, those who refer to it as a chipper get permanently banned from the site.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

would you recommend this film to @KnightswoodBear ?

Sounds like a good double-bill with Enemy.

I'm sure KB's already seen the ending play out many times in his dreams.

Spoiler

main-qimg-defb70d8c3d78cfe9b66b43425b550

Let us just sit, as a society, with this fact in our minds for a moment: the homeless are being sent out of Scotland’s capital city to make way for fans of Taylor Swift.

How does that make you feel? Proud of Scotland? Ashamed?

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

Let us just sit, as a society, with this fact in our minds for a moment: the homeless are being sent out of Scotland’s capital city to make way for fans of Taylor Swift.

How does that make you feel? Proud of Scotland? Ashamed?

Ashamed of moving the homeless, or ashamed of the vast amount of Taylor fucking Swift fans in our midst?

Equal parts on both counts I'd say.

Homelessness is bad enough, but I'd heard they were actually going to move some of them to Dundee. That's beyond the pale.

I'm slightly rough today after a few beers yesterday. Not in the feeling ill rough but more the I can't stop eating rough. I'll be like a bloated whale by the time I go on holiday next week