Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Apart from vagina sniffing what is VS?

:lol:

VS = Voluntary Severance. We merged with another organisation and as part of that a financial package (based on length of service) was up for grabs to walk away. It was only really given to the bigger earners or where there was a pay back within 3 years. If you were to be replaced the chances of VS was unlikely especially towards the end of the scheme. Needless to say most of the 'Heid Honchos' walked away with a stash of cash leaving little left for the Plebs, me included.. <_<

Edit - Typos, due to grumpiness and age.. :P

Edited by broon-loon

:lol:

VS = Voluntary Severance. We merged with another organisation and as part of that a financial package (based on length of service) was up for grabs to walk away. It was only really given to the bigger earners or where there was a pay back within 3 years. If you were to be replaced the chances of VS was unlikely especially towards the end of the scheme. Needless to say most of the 'Heid Honchos' walked away with a stash of cash leaving little left for the Plebs, me included.. <_<

Edit - Typos, due to grumpiness and age.. :P

Thanks. Must be a Septic way of making redundancy sound better.

31 years in this job as of today. :unsure:

Missed out on a wee promotion last June and was refused VS last December. Now hanging on purely for the pension. Really want to walk away but circumstances dictate otherwise. There's a 'wind down' scheme that I will be eligible for in a couple of years so all isn't lost yet, although they will probably pull the plug on that before I'm eligible.. :angry:

I started winding down on the 12th of March 1979. It's all down hill from here on in.

It's the other half's work Burns Supper this evening, a repeat of what gave me the hangover of the decade last year.

'Champagne' reception with leftovers, lager whilst waiting, red wine for the table, whisky to toast the haggis and more lager before people started buying me Captain Morgans later. I will be much wiser this year to ensure I don't wake up in bed alone, still in formal gear as the other half is to be found sleeping on the bathroom floor, still hugging the toilet. Couldn't even bear the thought of making it down the driveway that morning, never mind the away day which I had already bought the train ticket for. :green

I got absolutely hammered last night, beyond belief. I'm still in bed suffering severely and sipping cold water. The thing is, every time I drink about 100ml of water, I throw up about a gallon of the stuff. I don't know where it's coming from. It's been happening all day and I definitely never had any water last night.

I got absolutely hammered last night, beyond belief. I'm still in bed suffering severely and sipping cold water. The thing is, every time I drink about 100ml of water, I throw up about a gallon of the stuff. I don't know where it's coming from. It's been happening all day and I definitely never had any water last night.

That's what happened to me during the forementioned hangover. Drank some water and it came back up within seconds, prolonging hangover for as long as possible.

I'm pretty darn good at avoiding hangovers so it must have been a whoor of an event. Couldn't remember the taxi home if I recall correctly.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Have flat Coke or Irn Bru.