Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I think a few people are missing the point here.

I'm not planning on meeting mates. I'm not planning on going to the pub. It's just a quiet day in the house.

I look to the top of my wardrobe and I spot my miniatures. I've had then for a while and they are lightly covered in dust. They'll have to be drunk at some point.

Then I think to myself: what if I drunk them now? Just sat here and tanked them all and get intoxicated? I have the power here to get drunk in the next half hour. To drink then now would be completely out of character for myself, but it could be done. How would I feel? Would there be any consequences?

So many unanswered questions.

Fun's overrated. I prefer to close the blinds and curtains and pretend the world isn't there.

:lol: A tad extreme maybe but i would say we were quite similar from what you have said

I think because i was so mad on going out from 17 - 24 i got it all out my system and have drunk and taken a fair few substances i just can't get enthusiasm for a night out in the pub and certainly a night out clubbing.

Prefer the day sesh though and when theres an event on - could rip the arse off it at a festival still and love going to Scotland games and enjoying occasions but just going out for the f**k of it at 28 is shite.

I'm not planning on meeting mates. I'm not planning on going to the pub. It's just a quiet day in the house.

I look to the top of my wardrobe and I spot my miniatures. I've had then for a while and they are lightly covered in dust. They'll have to be drunk at some point.

Then I think to myself: what if I drunk them now? Just sat here and tanked them all and get intoxicated? I have the power here to get drunk in the next half hour. To drink then now would be completely out of character for myself, but it could be done. How would I feel? Would there be any consequences?

Well do you have a mrs who is coming home at any time? Will anyone else be effected if you decide to do this? You working tomo?

You obviously can't drink without losing control. You should drink with other people, that's the only way to have fun and stay in control.

He was on about having 8 whiskys tbf. Plus I can understand doing it on a Saturday night but on a Tuesday id rather be able to jump in the car or whatever if I needed to. Maybe when I'm a bit older I'll appreciate having a wee bevy by myself but just now I just dinna really fancy it tbh.

You're going to do it anyway. You've already made the decision. You've already set down your favourite whisky glass on the table beside you and made sure the freezer has plenty of ice (the wrong call, IMO, but it's your choice). You're just waiting for someone else to give you the go-ahead.

You have my permission.

He was on about having 8 whiskys tbf. Plus I can understand doing it on a Saturday night but on a Tuesday id rather be able to jump in the car or whatever if I needed to. Maybe when I'm a bit older I'll appreciate having a wee bevy by myself but just now I just dinna really fancy it tbh.

8 miniature whiskies is f**k all. I have that with breakfast before work.

I did hear a story a while back of a former colleague's father-in-law who was a manager for a factory. He was sent home from work one day on disciplinary as they'd discovered him to be drunk in the workplace. He went home and confessed to his family that he was an alcoholic and that he'd been hiding it from them and he habitually had a couple of cans first thing in the morning before work and topped up from a stash as the day went on. How the hell his wife and family never noticed is beyond me. When I was a young pup I'd play snooker in the pub at lunchtime, have a plate of chips and a couple of pints and then head back to work, but I would always lose all motivation to do anything in the afternoon after that couple of pints at lunchtime.

I hear people who drink like that for years though and get away with it, you don't develop these habits overnight he would have gone through years of hiding drink from people and got very good at it so its pretty understandable he could get away with it for years. Know a good few people like that tbh, i drink a shit load but would hate to end up like that

I hear people who drink like that for years though and get away with it, you don't develop these habits overnight he would have gone through years of hiding drink from people and got very good at it so its pretty understandable he could get away with it for years. Know a good few people like that tbh, i drink a shit load but would hate to end up like that

Wouldn't his wife or colleagues smell it off him though? If I walk past a stranger in the street who's had a beer I can smell it off them. And my wife assures me whenever I'm hungover that I smell like a brewery.

Wouldn't his wife or colleagues smell it off him though? If I walk past a stranger in the street who's had a beer I can smell it off them. And my wife assures me whenever I'm hungover that I smell like a brewery.

Probably constantly brushing his teeth/chewing gum. Hard to say but people like this are experts at hiding their addictions, and people go to extraordinary lengths to get away with things they are addicted to!

:lol: A tad extreme maybe but i would say we were quite similar from what you have said

I think because i was so mad on going out from 17 - 24 i got it all out my system and have drunk and taken a fair few substances i just can't get enthusiasm for a night out in the pub and certainly a night out clubbing.

Prefer the day sesh though and when theres an event on - could rip the arse off it at a festival still and love going to Scotland games and enjoying occasions but just going out for the f**k of it at 28 is shite.

Yeah, I was slightly joking. I do however hate having to do anything outside of my house after work, much rather relax with a beer and sit watching crap TV with the old trouble and strife.

Yeah, I was slightly joking. I do however hate having to do anything outside of my house after work, much rather relax with a beer and sit watching crap TV with the old trouble and strife.

Defo the same, wasn't always the case but would say at about the 25 year old mark i was sick of going out after work and even saturday nights unless it was a special occasion. Usually enjoy myself when out though but enjoy being healthy at the weekends. Also the same after work, maybe if i go out straight from work I'm alright but not if i have time to go home and get showered etc then have to head out again. Had a wedding last year where i worked in the pissing rain and then had an evening wedding to go to after when everyone else was pissed and had been there all day, awful experience and i felt so grumpy

I'm at a stage where if offered the chance to go to the pub for four pints with a friend or stay at home and have four beers watching the telly, I'd probably opt with the latter. I cannot be arsed going out much anymore, and the idea of having to do social things after finishing work fills me with dread.

This.

If I'm asked for a few beers straight after work then it'll be that in preference to drinking at home. If on the other hand I've got home already and my arse has hit the couch, then it'll most likely be the latter choice.

I have about 8 miniature whisky bottles and a bottle of beer

I have the power here to get drunk in the next half hour

You'll be struggling to manage that in half an hour, unless you can now drink without a straw?