Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A good bash of the tatties also helps to ejaculate steam prior to roasting.

Its funny because the definition of the word ejaculate just means to exit quickly or spurt out, also in the olden days if you were to shout something out suddenly they would call that ejaculating

Had a couple of guys round today felling a huge fir tree next to the house that had become unsafe after the high winds. One of the boys had his dog with him which was happily running about the garden whilst they worked away. Happily running about that is, until it decided to bite the chainsaw as the guy was cutting it up into logs for us. Lost two teeth, and should probably feel lucky not to have had a heads gone moment.

Still, I've now got years worth of firewood.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

"Ejaculate" is one of those words - like the word "gay" - that really only has one sense these days.

Makes for some strange reading when it's used in print, like the passage from one of the Sherlock Holmes stories when Watson ejaculates from his very heart in the direction of his fiancee.

Makes for some strange reading when it's used in print, like the passage from one of the Sherlock Holmes stories when Watson ejaculates from his very heart in the direction of his fiancee.

I don't recall which story it was but I'm pretty sure in one of them, Watson writes about being woken by an ejaculation during the night.

There's a bit in an episode of QI that talks about the ejaculations of the Sherlock Holmes stories. There are 23 of them and I was systematically ticking them off as I worked my way through the complete collection last year.

The best one is definitely when one of the characters 'ejaculates from a second floor window' in 'The Man with the Twisted Lip' which is well worth a read even before you take into account this Alan Lithgow-esque behaviour.

Edited by bullywee