Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Our work has a rule that wasn't thought all the way through.

You are not to drive your car in the car park if the fire alarm goes off in the offices, this is fine if you can hear the alarm in your car, which is not likely.

Maybe they're just trying to stop folk in the office fleeing the scene.

"You're still on our time, people! Take those laptops out to the car park and get cracking!"

At least staying warm wouldn't be a problem.

Excessive 'health and safety' shit like the above examples only exist because people are arseholes who will sue for anything and are encouraged to do so by scummy shitebag 'No win no fee' firms.

If folk who sued for stupid shit like tripping over a jackwt on the back of the seat had their ludicrous claims for hundreds of thousands of pounds laughes out of court, this whole 'health and safety' shite would have halted.

You should try organising / leading field courses for grown adults at the beach or road side cuttings. You can't help looking like a Class A tit when you and the rest of the group are all dressed up like Countryfile presenters, with the addition of hard hats, whilst families in sandals have their picnic at the very spot you're there to see.

That said, it gets you an extra trip to carry out the risk assessment... even though the same dangers would apply to me, in theory requiring a risk assessment for the risk assessment etc etc. :unsure:

Eta: I see a wifie was killed by a cliff in Wales yesterday. Darwinism in full effect when you see the outcrop though.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Found a body today after having to force entry into a house. She must have been dead for weeks.

The positive I'll take from it, she had a cat that would have been trapped indoors for all these weeks with very little food or water, somehow it survive and now it has been rescued

The positive I'll take from it, she had a cat that would have been trapped indoors for all these weeks with very little food or water, somehow it survive and now it has been rescued

Atkins diet?

Found a body today after having to force entry into a house. She must have been dead for weeks.

Sounds like great fun. Where do I sign up?

I think the cat had plenty to eat.

New joiner at my work is called Ken. He called me for a material order and I asked him "what's the frequency, Kenneth?". Dead silence was the reply. Did not get it at all and I felt pretty gosh darn silly as I scrambled to gloss over my shite attempt at humour.

New joiner at my work is called Ken. He called me for a material order and I asked him "what's the frequency, Kenneth?". Dead silence was the reply. Did not get it at all and I felt pretty gosh darn silly as I scrambled to gloss over my shite attempt at humour.

You should have just carried on and did the whole backwards guitar solo bit, then carried on like nothing had happened.