Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I wouldn't know, I've never watched it. Thanks though.

I'm going to be honest here, I'm just bitter you can actually grow facial hair to that standard. I verge between fat lesbian and pedo in the beard stakes

Following on from my post about the stand up to cancer march earlier, is it wrong that I've had a wee greet at this photo my wife took?? attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1413146471.248725.jpg

Have you and itzdrk been seen together ever ? #aliasgate

If you ever wondered why folk from Dundee talk shite, it's because they eat shite.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-worst-for-food-hygiene-1.624597

I remember a Rusholme curry house in Manchester being shut down after the bin men reported finding copious amounts of empty dog food tins outside in their bin!

If you ever wondered why folk from Dundee talk shite, it's because they eat shite.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-worst-for-food-hygiene-1.624597

The Food Ratings website linked to in the comments makes for interesting reading: http://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search

I just discovered that our favourite takeaway was listed as 'Needs Improvement' this year :(

Anyone that's ever gone on a food hygiene course will never look at food outlets the same again. Some of the pictures of places with lovely clean exteriors and horrific kitchens that you wouldn't keep pigs in...*shudder*

Worst part is that they aren't allowed to tell you where the local authority took the pictures :wacko:

s_e13_8e038300.jpg?m=1412618208

Night time picture of China, North Korea and South Korea from the ISS.

Pyongyang - the beacon of light to millions.

Eta: I've finally used a £60 whisky shop voucher from my old work (which I've had for months) to buy myself a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Tastes even better when it's free and rarely do I get the opportunity seeing as folk I know (quite rightfully) refuse to pay £60 for a small bottle of fluid. Pleasing.

Either that or they don't think I'm worth it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

How would you know if youve fractured something in your foot? I got the bottom of my foot volleyed playing football last night, and whenever i walked on t after i was getting shooting pains. I can walk on it noe but still get pain, and the side of my leg is sore to touch despite me not hitting it on anythig

Woman finds three-inch leech in nose after South East Asia trip

_78178562_composite.jpg

A backpacker found a 3in (7.5cm) leech that had been living up her nose for a month after a trip to South East Asia.

Daniela Liverani, 24, from Edinburgh, had been having nosebleeds for weeks but put them down to a burst blood vessel from a motorbike crash.

Ms Liverani was having a shower last Thursday when she was realised the dark shape wriggling in her nose was actually an animal.

Hospital staff used forceps and tweezers to remove the parasite.

Ms Liverani believes she picked up the leech in Vietnam or Cambodia, but even when she felt it moving up and down her nostril, she thought it was a blood clot.

She told BBC Radio Scotland: "Your initial reaction isn't to start thinking, oh God, there's obviously a leech in my face."

Daniela Liverani tells 5 live: "I just thought it was a congealed blood clot"

It was when Ms Liverani was in the shower that the leech's presence was most noticeable.

She said: "Obviously my nasal passages would open up because of the steam and the heat and the water, and it would come out quite far, about as far as my lip.

"So I could kind of see it out of the corner of my eye but still didn't think it was a worm because it just looked like a blood clot.

"On Thursday I jumped out the shower and I unsteamed the mirror and I had a proper good look, and I could see little ridges on him."

That was the moment when Ms Liverani realised she was housing a parasite.

'Strange situation'

She went to accident and emergency where doctors removed "Mr Curly" - as Ms Liverani nicknamed the leech - with forceps and tweezers.

"The doctors did a great job, hats off to them, because obviously they don't see something like that every day", she added.

"They did what they could in a strange situation while trying to keep their cool."

Ms Liverani then took the leech home for the night, at the doctors' suggestion. However, Mr Curly did not live to see another day.

"He's in an Edinburgh City Council bin," said Ms Liverani. "He's probably long gone by now. I boiled him first."