Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Don't know if it has been mentioned already but did anybody see the article in today's Sun, (yes I know it is a bit marmite), about the beggar that plies his trade around Mayfair in London?

It's alright if you don't have any cash on you, he has his own card reader so you can pay him with plastic!

Who in their right mind would trust a beggar that takes a card reader about with him? By the way the bugger has had 3 foreign holidays in the past year.

When I lived in the South-East, there was a blind busker who'd entertain the local high street with his harmonica. I'd drop him a wee bit change on the way past, and was once thoroughly chastened by a group of kids from school that I'd been in the town with. Apparently he was a well-known local con artist, and made a substantial income from his begging. Supposedly he wasn't even blind, slipping off his shades at the end of the day before nipping home in his ritzy car (or so all their parents had told them).

Next winter, the auld fraudster was found frozen stiff in a nearby underpass. There's dedication to your deception for you. No doubt the same kids, now grown up, make sure and tell their weans similar tales about the homeless. Hopefully some of their children are smart enough to look at the palty collection of copper they get and think, "hang on..."

f**k sake, how could I forget about that? :lol:

Got to feel for any poor b*****d who signs up as Tim Hunter.

Although, possible new login for AWRA...?

Edit: Huh. 'Tim' isn't banned, and Div's censor code is smarter than I thought :huh:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Saw an otherwise respectable looking man in HMV today buying at least six Peppa Pig DVDs with TYLER scribbled on his neck in prime Jeremy Kyle tattoo font. Is this becoming a thing, where people feel the need to write their kids' names on them in prominent places?

Saw an otherwise respectable looking man in HMV today buying at least six Peppa Pig DVDs with TYLER scribbled on his neck in prime Jeremy Kyle tattoo font. Is this becoming a thing, where people feel the need to write their kids' names on them in prominent places?

Yes, very much so, usually with the date of birth scrawled somewhere nearby. To me, It either comes off as bragging, or the sign of early-onset dementia. Never, ever seems like the canvas is somebody who really, REALLY loves their child more than anyone else, which I think is the plan.

There's a picture somewhere online of someone whose child was born with some terrible illness that meant they wouldn't live long, which is tragic. However, their response was to get a tattoo of the child's name and date of birth, with a space left for the date of death :o

I've just been learning about a backflow sump-pump. It wasn't particularly exciting.

There's a pun about rumpy-pumpy here, but I'll leave it to the professionals.