Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

I think this forum is nicely summed up by the fact there’s almost 10 times as many posts in the PTTGOYN thread compared to the RTBC one.

What a bunch of miserable c***s

PTTGOYN thread for this pish.

6 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

I think this forum is nicely summed up by the fact there’s almost 10 times as many posts in the PTTGOYN thread compared to the RTBC one.

What a bunch of miserable c***s

IIRC the original thread was lost for some reason, so the results may be skewed.

Heard some news today about something that’s happened next to my parents house in Aberdeen that is very disturbing. It is in the news and an arrest made which points to the guy, who we know along with the victim (the wife) having done the deed.

Absolutely horrific.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Heard some news today about something that’s happened next to my parents house in Aberdeen that is very disturbing. It is in the news and an arrest made which points to the guy, who we know along with the victim (the wife) having done the deed.

Absolutely horrific.

WE / Rubislaw is genuinely one of the last areas of NE Scotland where you'd expect such a thing.  

... unlike Tillydrone, where there was a native being interviewed after a murder last year who said "you just don't expect this sort of thing to happen in a place like this".  No quine, that is exactly where you'd expect such a thing to happen. 

WE / Rubislaw is genuinely one of the last areas of NE Scotland where you'd expect such a thing.  
... unlike Tillydrone, where there was a native being interviewed after a murder last year who said "you just don't expect this sort of thing to happen in a place like this".  No quine, that is exactly where you'd expect such a thing to happen. 

I take it you know the story I’m referring to.

We knew them and he was always a bit shady but could not have seen this coming.

I think so.

Such barbarism has unfortunately happened elsewhere in the North East before (as previously mentioned on P&B), but never did I think such a  heinous thing would happen in an exclusive and high-class area such as Aberdeen's West End.  Such things have no place a civilised society and I think I speak for most of us when I say that the  mushroom supper should be banished to the Dark Ages where it truly belongs.

24 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

People seem to have a deep-seated need to believe that "bad things don't happen here." Helps them sleep at night, I suppose.

I live in a comparatively low-crime area, although it's far from crime-free; we've had some horrors. But whenever anything is reported, from murder, to petty vandalism to bad driving, half the posts on social media are people declaring that it must have been city folks, it must have been transplants, it must have been. It's like their brains can't/won't accept that their neighbours might do bad things. It must have been someone from somewhere else.

I think so.
Such barbarism has unfortunately happened elsewhere in the North East before (as previously mentioned on P&B), but never did I think such a  heinous thing would happen in an exclusive and high-class area such as Aberdeen's West End.  Such things have no place a civilised society and I think I speak for most of us when I say that the  mushroom supper should be banished to the Dark Ages where it truly belongs.

Interestingly, Melanius malarkey doesn’t appear to have posted since Thursday.

Coincidence? I think not.

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Interestingly, Melanius malarkey doesn’t appear to have posted since Thursday.

Coincidence? I think not.

I can vouch for him by saying that he was at home last night.  No green trousers, just drainpipes*.

*Eta: to avoid potential confusion, I refer to the external piping network used to redirect rainwater, as opposed to 'drainpipe' skinny jeans that are of course also trousers. Two very, very different things.

Edited by Hedgecutter