Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

About 1990 the Megabowl in Dundee used to do £1 a pint on a Wednesday night.  Then you could walk (stagger) across to the Venue night club opposite, pay £5 as it was student night and all beers and spirits were 10p.  If you wanted a dash of coke in your vodka it was an extra 35p.

Needless it lead to absolute carnage on a midweek sesh.

My mate was woken by his dad in the middle of the night by him switching on his bedroom light.  Then he heard him utter "Get up ya fucking idiot I need a pish'.  Yep, my mate was curled up sleeping in the bath.

Another  morning he woke, got ready for work but had a feeling of dread but unsure why.  He then passed his parents open bedroom door and noticed a mop and bucket leaning against the laundry basket.  Just as he started to take stock of what he was seeing he heard his father shout "That better all be mopped, washed and ironed by the time I get home after work or you are oot the fucking hoose" and then the sound of the front door slamming.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Folk will go back further and trump me, but uni prices in late 90s Glasgow was 65p for vodka and mixer. What a time that was.

After an hour or two you were spending the change you'd received on the next couple of drinks.

When I came over to NI it was 30 pence a pint/ vodka, which I though was shocking compared to Scotland

I've found myself converting to Mother's Pride* in the latest stage of turning into an old man.  Next I'll be doing things like commenting on how nice cups of tea are.

*great for toasties btw

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've found myself converting to Mother's Pride* already in the latest stage of turning into an old man.  Next I'll be doing things like commenting on how nice cups of tea are.
*great for toasties btw
Cups of tea are fucking class. One of lifes great equalisers. Stands beside the pint in terms of importance and magnitude, if you think you are too good to make someone a cup of tea, just like folk who dont stand their round in the pub, it marks you out as an absolute wrongun.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

What's his reason for doing that then?

Is that just to wind-up his wife? Because i don't think he's thought it through.

There is no good outcome for that.

"One UK man just horrified the living daylights out of his wife as he got a tattoo on his thigh of her snoring! James McGraw, 40, wanted revenge on his wife, Kelly, for giving him a bad haircut as a prank. So, as a result, he took a photo of his wife sleeping during a trip and got that photo tattooed on him."

What's his reason for doing that then?

Is that just to wind-up his wife? Because i don't think he's thought it through.

There is no good outcome for that.
I actually think it's pretty funny, it's on his thigh so its hardly something that's going to be on display 24/7.

I've found myself converting to Mother's Pride* in the latest stage of turning into an old man.  Next I'll be doing things like commenting on how nice cups of tea are.
*great for toasties btw
Mothers Pride makes the best toast hands down.

I actually think it's pretty funny, it's on his thigh so its hardly something that's going to be on display 24/7.
I guess that it's funny for other people - but he's left with it. A constant reminder of your wife looking at her worst? Fair enough.

I'm not a fan tattoos at all, but at least having something that gives you a bit of joy or pride makes sense.