Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It was a bit like the Western Front at times- trench warfare and poison gas.

Saddam was a cnut but so were the Mullahs- their idea of mine clearance was to make the faithful walk across minefields trusting in Allah.

Grim stuff.

Did Saddam have another country he could've went to?

12 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Just ordered my new company car - a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

Woot, as the youth are wont to say. 

Mrs. Back has one of those.  Great car.  Don't be fooled by the salesman talk about the range you'll get on battery though.

21 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Mrs. Back has one of those.  Great car.  Don't be fooled by the salesman talk about the range you'll get on battery though.

Nah, I'm not. To be honest, it's more about the tax break anyway. 

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Having burned my hand on a frying pan a month ago, snapped a tendon in my finger on Sunday, and the owner of lovely footwear, I’m beginning to think that I’m @Peter Grant .

Never done it myself but having witnessed the aftermath of someone snapping a tendon when they punched me I can confirm it looks a sore one. 

I have successfully completed Saturday's Guardian cryptic crossword. This doesn't happen often.

PTTGOYN: they stopped making it a Prize crossword when Covid struck and have continued this. Private Eye meantime let you e-mail in scanned crosswords and have £100 prize. Tight Guardian sods.

18 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Never done it myself but having witnessed the aftermath of someone snapping a tendon when they punched me I can confirm it looks a sore one. 

Didn’t realise I’d done it till I see my finger was sitting at a funny angle. Saying that, I didn’t realise I’d broken my wrist till I took my top off and realised my wrist was sitting at a funny angle.

On 21/06/2021 at 04:06, Newbornbairn said:

Bet you've got a box like this too -

weird.thumb.jpg.ef26e2f8efd54f3a8c248a8ee5733e5a.jpg

You'll rip your hands to shreds looking for that 1 screw that you know is in there.  Then you'll give up and off to B&Q for a pack of screws.  

26 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

It's certainly an interesting fight strategy, but a win's a win.

On 20/06/2021 at 21:06, Newbornbairn said:

Bet you've got a box like this too -

weird.thumb.jpg.ef26e2f8efd54f3a8c248a8ee5733e5a.jpg

I have a shelf of twenty or thirty mini-cigar boxes each holding a different type of screw/nail/split pin etc. etc. They belonged to my dad and I think I've used half a dozen in the fifteen years since he died.

My new squeeze enjoys this "I can see your voice" nonsense on TV. 

We are sat watching one with a Pie and Bovril favourite tale participant, of which I have regaled her with. 

Screenshot_2021-06-22-13-06-29-82.thumb.jpg.ff3433d15bdf156b7e5af8cf0fec5175.jpg

#WeFuckinTonite. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

Didn’t realise I’d done it till I see my finger was sitting at a funny angle. Saying that, I didn’t realise I’d broken my wrist till I took my top off and realised my wrist was sitting at a funny angle.

Just as well you've a sense of humour

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

My new squeeze enjoys this "I can see your voice" nonsense on TV. 

We are sat watching one with a Pie and Bovril favourite tale participant, of which I have regaled her with. 

Screenshot_2021-06-22-13-06-29-82.thumb.jpg.ff3433d15bdf156b7e5af8cf0fec5175.jpg

#WeFuckinTonite. 

Of all the news reports that were around this at the time, this is still my personal favourite:

"Local councillor Anne Allen tells us: “Alex can go to the £5-a-head, all-you-can-eat buffet at the local Chinese. We can’t wait to have her here. Everyone’s very excited."

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

You'll rip your hands to shreds looking for that 1 screw that you know is in there.  Then you'll give up and off to B&Q for a pack of screws.  

Thing is, I work for a company that supplies screws. I've got boxes and boxes of fresh screws. But still...