Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 08/11/2023 at 20:43, Venti said:

Been thinking about wrapping up being a chef.

I'm good at it and its a good job, but helping kids with autism/handicapped/etc has got me thinking.

Might be a better carer.

That's such a fantastic field to want to work in,  100% go for it if you think it's a career you will enjoy and get satisfaction and joy from. After the best part of 20 years self employment, my wife is retraining to hopefully work in women's aid and helping disadvantaged folk. It's great to see her enthusiasm for it and I fully support her.

A big switch in career can seem daunting and many folk will be scared or reluctant to change what they do or know for fear of it not working out. If it's truly what you want and you can do it without any stress of financial hardship etc, then follow your heart and do it.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

There is an artist on spotify called “Odd man who sings about poop” and you just search a first name into it and add poop after and he will have recorded a song where he sings the name and says poop after it.

You need to modify your username to something like 'algothrobs'.

On 09/11/2023 at 23:21, alta-pete said:

I know fukall but I’d suggest, from the tone of your message, that if it was me, I’d be getting myself somehow to Shetland. Your work/wife/weans will still be there to berate you for being a soft touch when you get back.  

Hide contents

Or be a hard nut, do fukall, post about it on PnB and see how that pans out. 

Really unsure what the f**k your problem is. No idea where you got that I'm trying to act hard and not doing anything other than posting on here, but take yourself right to f**k.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't know how she's evaded me so long but I've just discovered Natti Dredd on YouTube and fallen in love.

Edit : she's fucking in Dundee on Saturday.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Careful - her dad's a judge with a bit of a temper.

On 11/11/2023 at 21:00, Miguel Sanchez said:

Was it Chris who posted the property listing for 180k the other day that was a hoarder's hovel? I win

3 bedroom terraced house for sale in Nelson Road, London, SW19 (rightmove.co.uk)

I actually sent this listing to my work colleagues who live in London, saying I might move down.  It's a bargain, £700k and almost an entire roof!

The houses on that street seem to sell for around £1m, not sure you could do that place up to the required standard and make a significant profit on it.

13 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't know how she's evaded me so long but I've just discovered Natti Dredd on YouTube and fallen in love.

Edit : she's fucking in Dundee on Saturday.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Julie Fowlis singing this is tremendous as well, also she's quite lovely as well. Big fan of teuchter music. 

Dunno if it's your thing or not, but Niteworks do a fair bit of work with Sian, Air Fàir an Là by them is quite similar vibes. Niteworks new album is really good actually.