Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 12/02/2024 at 09:14, betting competition said:

I attended Hamish Hawk's performance at the Barras on Saturday, and it was an incredible gig that I anticipate will make it into my top 10 by the end of the year. My initial encounter with Hamish Hawk was in November 2021 at the Great Eastern Festival in Edinburgh, where he played an acoustic set at Summerhall and later performed at the Queen Hall on the same day. Witnessing the sold-out show at the Barras on Saturday was almost like a full circle moment.

I'm attending a Pip Blom concert at Oran Mor tonight.

Heard some Hamish on the radio, but his tour unfortunately had him booked to play in Liverpool when it was an evening kick off Merseyside derby.  Glad he is doing well and hope to catch him in the future.

Bought my dad tickets for Slash for his Christmas and the gig came around tonight!

Brilliant show, what a musician. The fifteen minute guitar solo was a sight to behold. Myles Kennedy is a fantastic frontman as well, and bassist Todd Kearns did superbly when he took over on vocals. Great night.

Support from Mammoth WVH. Eddie's boy is very good indeed.

20240403_213937.jpg

Rolling back the years to see Hell Is For Heroes tonight. Forgot just how good a band they are, so many great songs (Slow Song remains an all time classic). Justin sounds exactly the same as he did in 2003 and has the energy of a man half his age. Superb stuff.

Support came from James and the Cold Gun and Templeton Pek, who were both decent but I'll not be rushing out to see either of them again.

20240404_221014.jpg

On 03/04/2024 at 15:16, RiffRaff said:

Underworld at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh tonight.

Absolute belter of a gig this evening - was a bit apprehensive about being in the upper seats but if anything the acoustics up there are better, and not many of us were sitting down. Two great set lists and a rave on the balcony, perfect Thursday night oot.

Edited by Scorge

7 hours ago, Scorge said:

Absolute belter of a gig this evening - was a bit apprehensive about being in the upper seats but if anything the acoustics up there are better, and not many of us were sitting down. Two great set lists and a rave on the balcony, perfect Thursday night oot.

It was a superb gig, don't think that I have danced as much at a gig before.

On 13/04/2024 at 00:28, Craig fae the Vale said:

What's Oran Mor like as a gig venue? Got Microwave in there on Wednesday and only ever been in the pub part.

Only been there once for Tonight Alive in 2018. Very small and wider than it was deep IIRC. Sound was ok. Most annoying part was the rain that night and trying to actually find the place!

What's Oran Mor like as a gig venue? Got Microwave in there on Wednesday and only ever been in the pub part.

Decent, but there's a significant difference in sound depending on where you're standing or sitting (don't sit, you'll have no view)

Stand at the back and you'll get loads of bar chatter, there's speakers about 2/3rds of the way back to deal with this, but the sound is a lot better the other side of them, closer to the stage.

I swear I've replied to this twice and it's not showing up.

The ceiling's low, it's quite hot and there's only one one person-sized door in and out so I hope you don't smoke. In my experience it's always been pretty good but the last time I was there the sound wasn't good. If anything, too loud. 

Microwave and The Dirty Nil co-headliner at Òran Mór tonight. Both bands on top form and great sound quality in a venue I've not been at before for a gig. Great show.

Opened by English grunge duo Sick Joy, a very enjoyable start to the night.

20240417_213027.jpg