David Goodwillie, 34, rapist from Stirling, has decided hes been a victim long enough and is going to give his side of the story this week.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

David Goodwillie, 34, rapist from Stirling, has decided hes been a victim long enough and is going to give his side of the story this week.

He probably should have considered giving his truth to a judge. May have benefited him during judgements. 

"Never convicted in a criminal trial" incoming!

Looks like masses of supportive replies from people who have also "made mistakes" and wish everybody else didn't know about them.

30 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Looks like masses of supportive replies from people who have also "made mistakes" and wish everybody else didn't know about them.

Was just going to say that. Hard Drive checks required all round 

37 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Andrew Tate Twitter, basically.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

See local thicko Dean Brett has chimed in with his support for "Goodie".

Goodwillie's post is barely intelligible.  I would suggest that he's talking bollocks, I bet newspapers and media would be falling over themselves to get an interview with him.

The whole thing is strange - if I recall correctly he isn't a full-time professional footballer any more, he has a day job (electrician I believe?) and the clubs he's signing for are pretty much on the level of park leagues.  Surely he realised after he got binned off by Livingston juniors or whichever regional English team he went to that it wasn't going to happen for him?  He keeps exposing himself to this and now seems to be claiming victimhood.

The other strange thing is if he'd stayed at Clyde he would likely still be playing league football.

See the mad right tweets are on the rise again in my "for you" section. I'm not replying or interacting so can't blame the algorithm. Twitter promoting outrageous views for the interaction so they can sell themselves as being a busy platform. Mostly mouthpieces and bots arguing with each other. 

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Goodwillie's post is barely intelligible.  I would suggest that he's talking bollocks, I bet newspapers and media would be falling over themselves to get an interview with him.

The whole thing is strange - if I recall correctly he isn't a full-time professional footballer any more, he has a day job (electrician I believe?) and the clubs he's signing for are pretty much on the level of park leagues.  Surely he realised after he got binned off by Livingston juniors or whichever regional English team he went to that it wasn't going to happen for him?  He keeps exposing himself to this and now seems to be claiming victimhood.

The other strange thing is if he'd stayed at Clyde he would likely still be playing league football.

Oor @Jan Vojáček works in the papers and has said he knows reporters have tried to speak with him before and he hasn't. He was a delivery driver for DPD for a while (he used to do drop offs at my old work) but he may be an electrician now.

The guys a fucking plamf and the hoard of lower league scottish footballers who seem to have his back is worrying but not surprising. 

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some DAB's showing their support.

I am not surprised.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Oor @Jan Vojáček works in the papers and has said he knows reporters have tried to speak with him before and he hasn't. He was a delivery driver for DPD for a while (he used to do drop offs at my old work) but he may be an electrician now.

The guys a fucking plamf and the hoard of lower league scottish footballers who seem to have his back is worrying but not surprising. 

Can confirm. I personally know of two reporters (one of whom is a Clyde fan too fwiw) who tried several times unsuccessfully to get an interview with him, and that's only in my friend group. There will absolutely have been others too, and I could probably name a good few who I suspect would've tried.

Any reporter with any news-sense at all about them would take it on. An exclusive chat with him, regardless of what you think about him, would get clicks and sell papers. I'd read it. It might disgust me and anger me. But I'd still read it.

I suspect where it's fallen down (and I have no knowledge here at all) is in how he wants it framed. He will (I'd imagine) want it framed around 'I feel an injustice' or 'my career has been lost, let me restart it' and no reporter or editor would allow that or any form of victim blaming. It probably would've been something you could get away with 20 years ago or so, but thankfully times (and morals) have changed.

It annoys me when I see people saying his livelihood has been taken away from him and that he deserves to earn a living. He does. Aye. But playing football is a privilege as well as a job, and he lost that privilege when a civil trial judged him to be a rapist. That won't stop him from earning an honest wage in another industry, but it should stop him being in the industry he is in. Just as he would've lost his job in the same circumstances if he had been a politician, a teacher or even a journalist. Can you imagine Reporting Scotland being fronted by someone with his background? (for example).

8 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Can confirm. I personally know of two reporters (one of whom is a Clyde fan too fwiw) who tried several times unsuccessfully to get an interview with him, and that's only in my friend group. There will absolutely have been others too, and I could probably name a good few who I suspect would've tried.

Any reporter with any news-sense at all about them would take it on. An exclusive chat with him, regardless of what you think about him, would get clicks and sell papers. I'd read it. It might disgust me and anger me. But I'd still read it.

I suspect where it's fallen down (and I have no knowledge here at all) is in how he wants it framed. He will (I'd imagine) want it framed around 'I feel an injustice' or 'my career has been lost, let me restart it' and no reporter or editor would allow that or any form of victim blaming. It probably would've been something you could get away with 20 years ago or so, but thankfully times (and morals) have changed.

It annoys me when I see people saying his livelihood has been taken away from him and that he deserves to earn a living. He does. Aye. But playing football is a privilege as well as a job, and he lost that privilege when a civil trial judged him to be a rapist. That won't stop him from earning an honest wage in another industry, but it should stop him being in the industry he is in. Just as he would've lost his job in the same circumstances if he had been a politician, a teacher or even a journalist. Can you imagine Reporting Scotland being fronted by someone with his background? (for example).

You're friends with a Clyde fan? 

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Has he no shame?

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The clubs have a lot to answer for too. If they are going to sign him, then they should have the balls to go through with it, and not ditch him again at the sign of the first angry tweet