Unpopular opinions.

I haven’t had a chippy in years. 

Thankfully the last one I had was very good.

It was in Stranraer a few years back when we lost in the Scottish Cup. It was in the town centre and near the train station. It has a bit to sit in.

I recall me and my friends buying a carryout for the train in advance and then firing along to the train with out chippies (it being a single line the train would sit there for at least 15/20 minutes before leaving).

We all went to the train and had our chippies on the train, on a table in the first carriage nearest the end of the track, before it left. We all disposed our our litter in the provided bins (we all would have anyway but I was extra vigilant as I despise littering).

Third best chippy I've ever had. The fish was incredible.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We've been through this so many times. 

Deep frying a fish is not a complicated process. 

Firstly, you fry to order. Don't do it in advance. 

The batter needs to be of a good consistency. 

The temperature of the fat/ oil should be circa 170 degrees. 

Do not overcook the fish. It should be of a flaky consistency, depending on the size of the fish, it should take between 4 to 6 minutes. 

Important. Drain the excess oil/ fat from the fish. Allow up to a minute for this. 

Do not park the fish on top of a bed of chips and do not wrap the supper up in paper. 

Thank you.. 

You had me right up to this utter nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You like your batter steamed through? 

Euph?

I like my fish on a bed of chips and served in newspaper. With me, it's never sealed long enough to be steamed. 

16 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Sea Salt and Sole is decent. Only been to the one in Dyce, but supposedly they have shops in Cove and Bridge of Don now. I got a fish supper from Lows at Berryden (more fool me) a few months back and it was bowfing.

Haas' on Holburn street is fantastic.  Sensational fish - best ever.  No wonder there is always a queue oot the door

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

You lot should try living in England, I would happily call it a chipper if only I could get a decent fish supper again. It really is that bad down here.

It was the same when I lived in Wales. Rank rotten. 

56 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It was the same when I lived in Wales. Rank rotten. 

See also, Australia. Doubt I've had a good takeaway fish and chips in 15 years. 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

You lot should try living in England, I would happily call it a chipper if only I could get a decent fish supper again. It really is that bad down here.

I had a decent fish supper in Seahouses, which is close to Scotland I suppose.

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had a decent fish supper in Seahouses, which is close to Scotland I suppose.

Thanks for that tam, i would have been quicker going there when I lived in Kilwinning, except I wouldn't have needed to 'cos Aldos was just over the road. Thanks all the same mind.

58 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'd imagine there will be a few wrong 'uns on here who wear them,  but crocs are an absolutely hideous piece of footwear.

They've recently "come back" for some reason. They were frequently worn on the wards despite such footwear being against NHS policy.

Absolutely horrid things.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I'd imagine there will be a few wrong 'uns on here who wear them,  but crocs are an absolutely hideous piece of footwear.

This is not me btw

fetchimage.jpeg

5 hours ago, philpy said:

I'd rather cut my feet off and eat them than be seen in a pair of Crocs but they are supposedly very comfortable. My female is talking about getting a pair as she works in care and is on her feet all day. As long as she leaves them at work them fair enough.

5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd rather cut my feet off and eat them than be seen in a pair of Crocs but they are supposedly very comfortable. My female is talking about getting a pair as she works in care and is on her feet all day. As long as she leaves them at work them fair enough.

Tell her to buy on clouds and get back in the kitchen.