Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

The constant jokes about trump at basically every fringe show I’ve been to are obvious, lazy and quite frankly pretty tedious.

It's been tedious for the three years of this virtue-signalling shite tbf.

The constant jokes about trump at basically every fringe show I’ve been to are obvious, lazy and quite frankly pretty tedious.

People say Brexit is going to cost thousands of jobs but nobody’s factored in the number of comedians on the Fringe who would have no material otherwise.

15 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've spent the last 3 fringe avoiding any show that mentions Trump or Brexit in its publicity blurb - even then the Oxbridge fandans still try and slip in the same tired old tedious points about Trump and Brexit.

too many comedians (at the fringe mainly) these days are smart arse hipsters who enjoy costa and starbucks, while wearing scarves in all weathers and wearing those glasses that are a fashion accessory and not actually a necessity, usually combined with extremely tight jeans and have that stupid accent that is a mix of east and west coast.

REVOLTING

The joke that won the fringe this year is “working in a job centre has to be a tense job. Knowing that if you get fired you still have to come in the next day.” I had to pull my van over earlier on because I was laughing so hard when I heard it.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

The joke that won the fringe this year is “working in a job centre has to be a tense job. Knowing that if you get fired you still have to come in the next day.” I had to pull my van over earlier on because I was laughing so hard when I heard it.

If that was the best joke wtf was the worst joke like?

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

You probably find Sarah Millican funny.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

If that was the best joke wtf was the worst joke like?

This. It's not a bad joke and it's quite funny but the best on offer? f**k me.

But you have to remember that the Fringe Awards and reviews are generally centred around the Pleasance, Balloon and Underbelly triangle (with a bit of the Assembly Rooms thrown in) - there is so much more on offer at the Fringe if you avoid the big names and the exceptionally corporate venues.

And The Stand are a bunch of wanks for having 4 venues with no wheelchair access.

Edited by Jason King