Unpopular opinions.

The best pop song this side of the year 2000 was Call me maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Before that it was Wannabe by the Spice Girls.
I don't think it's even her best song. I much prefer I Really Like You and Run Away With Me.

The House of Commons should be reduced in size and power, the House of Lords increased, such that there is a say 20:80 split in size/power.

Entry to the Lords should be widened/predicated on a standard education that highlights the Classics, philosophy, theology, history, mathematics and engineering, and a reduction in university places to 5% of the very best high school graduates, regardless of class background. Members of either house should be over 40 and married with children, to match the minimum conditions for voting rights (serving the nation in some significant way, such as militarily, allows earlier voting rights).

We would as a whole greatly benefit from the resultant reduction in low-intelligence / low-wisdom career powermongers, something everyone can agree is a good thing.

#maketheelitegreatagain

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Wannabe by the spice girls was the ultimate 90’s pop song. Nothing even comes close.

32 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Reach.

i will fight you

I’ll throw  Deee-Lite’s “Groove is in the Heart” into the mix.

My argument would be that it can’t really be tied down to a particular era.

I guess it depends whether you’re looking for the pop song that best defines the 90s or the best pop song released in the 90s.

If the former, I would agree with throbber. If the latter, I win hands down.