Unpopular opinions.

In Barcelona once I was mistaken for an American. Guy was very disappointed when I corrected him.

In America I was assumed to be Australian. No worries.

To avoid being regarded as English on a European holiday, just avoid the following:

Asking why there's no fackin'  chips on the menu.

5 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

In Barcelona once I was mistaken for an American. Guy was very disappointed when I corrected him.

In America I was assumed to be Australian. No worries.

To avoid being regarded as English on a European holiday, just avoid the following:

Asking why there's no fackin'  chips on the menu.

I really enjoyed the spectacle of an obese, ruddy faced southerner having his kebab taken off him and being told to get out of "the best kebab in marmaris" for complaining that "that's not a facking kebaaaab!" 

16 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I once shared a room in a youth hostel with a Slovakian who delighted in telling me how much he hated English people.

Did he tell you of the sexual encounter known as The Slovakian Traffic Cone? If not, you'll have to search Urban Dictionary for it as I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to post it on here. 

Nope I'm 2mins from Noors and far too close to 2 Celtic pubs for my liking [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]
Speaking of Grahams Road kebab shops, I see that lassie that trashed one got let off pretty lightly. 400 quid fine and some probation type arrangement.... Does that mean they guys have to pay for all that damage our their insurance? Shite if so.

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Did he tell you of the sexual encounter known as The Slovakian Traffic Cone? If not, you'll have to search Urban Dictionary for it as I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to post it on here. 

Urban Dictionary tells you might have meant Bulgarian traffic cone.

51 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

A German policeman asked if I was English and apologised profusely when I told him I was Scottish.  He kent.

Never quite worked out why, but Germans typically have a hard-on for all things Scottish.  Certainly just now, German seems to have overtaken English as the primary language of the NC500. 

Once saw a bunch of them arriving into Scotland with the whole family wearing Runrig t-shirts and it would seem that Runrig typically spend much of their touring time over in Germany.  Why they'd rather play sell-out open air stadium concerts in Leipzig rather than the Gordon Arms in Huntly is anybody's guess.

Edited by Hedgecutter

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What's the split of opinion re Donner Kebabs?

I personally think they are absolutely magnificent, and there is absolutely no requirement to be drunk in order to eat one.

Count me in. Either in their natural state or as the star attraction in a munchy box.

I've also had it on a pizza. But on that occasion, I do confess, I was veh, veh drunk.