Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

What's the split of opinion re Donner Kebabs?

I personally think they are absolutely magnificent, and there is absolutely no requirement to be drunk in order to eat one.

I have one at least once a week while stone cold sober.

I regularly have donner pizzas and I even occasionally buy that frozen donner meat from Farmfoods.

I wonder if someone dreamt that up or whether some deviant actually committed the crime and gave it a name. Either way I hope whoever’s responsible is caught and compromised to a permanent end.
I was once told the name of, and subsequently read on Urban Dictionary about one of these types of things that involved exhuming a body, and elbow dropping it from an adjacent gravestone whilst another party takes up a position where they will be able to consume any embalming fluids that happen to be ejected. I cant remember the name, but I assumed that one might be made up.

11 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I wonder if someone dreamt that up or whether some deviant actually committed the crime and gave it a name. Either way I hope whoever’s responsible is caught and compromised to a permanent end.

It was DA Baracus.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Count me in. Either in their natural state or as the star attraction in a munchy box.

I've also had it on a pizza. But on that occasion, I do confess, I was veh, veh drunk.

This. The munchy box is the dugs baws.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I was once told the name of, and subsequently read on Urban Dictionary about one of these types of things that involved exhuming a body, and elbow dropping it from an adjacent gravestone whilst another party takes up a position where they will be able to consume any embalming fluids that happen to be ejected. I cant remember the name, but I assumed that one might be made up.

15 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It was DA Baracus.

Would a plunger not work better with a cylindrical vessel? It's just going to go through the fluids until it wedges on the side of the cone. 

A variation on the archimedean screw used in a potato masher would work better. 

This assumes that the Slovakians make their traffic cones conical of course. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I personally think they are absolutely magnificent, and there is absolutely no requirement to be drunk in order to eat one.

100% correct.  A good donner kebab is a thing of beauty and best enjoyed when sober. My local place does the most amazing donner calzone but the best donner I’ve ever had was at kebab mahal @thistledo

100% correct.  A good donner kebab is a thing of beauty and best enjoyed when sober. My local place does the most amazing donner calzone but the best donner I’ve ever had was at kebab mahal [mention=59456]thistledo[/mention]
I have no doubt you are familiar with the Gulnar, who have taken their expertise to the takeaway game and their donners are as good as you would expect.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Rugster said:
100% correct.  A good donner kebab is a thing of beauty and best enjoyed when sober. My local place does the most amazing donner calzone but the best donner I’ve ever had was at kebab mahal [mention=59456]thistledo[/mention]

I have no doubt you are familiar with the Gulnar, who have taken their expertise to the takeaway game and their donners are as good as you would expect.

An absolutely magnificent place. 

I like one now and again. I don’t think Falkirk is spoiled with many places you’ll  get a good one though. Tried a few places but always end up back at Chillies near me because the meat actually has a bit of spice to it and isn’t a funny colour.

This is the sort of start I was hoping for. You are of course, wrong. I was convinced you were a Laurieston man for some reason.

Gav.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Nope I'm 2mins from Noors and far too close to 2 Celtic pubs for my liking 🤬🤬🤬

Always heard folk saying Noors is the best kebab shop in the town, but personally thought their kebabs were very very “meh” tbh.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

My favourite Falkirk takeaway. Seen they’d branched out with their takeaway menu. Are their donner kebabs spicy? If I got one from the Gulnar I’d feel like I was cheating on their South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken. 

Edited by 8MileBU

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I like one now and again. I don’t think Falkirk is spoiled with many places you’ll  get a good one though. Tried a few places but always end up back at Chillies near me because the meat actually has a bit of spice to it and isn’t a funny colour.

Gav.

Always heard folk saying Noors is the best kebab shop in the town, but personally thought their kebabs were very very “meh” tbh.

My favourite Falkirk takeaway. Seen they’d branched out with their takeaway menu. Are their donner kebabs spicy? If I got one from the Gulnar I’d feel like I was cheating on their South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken. 

Sanam garlic chilli chicken smashes f**k out of Gulnars tbh