Unpopular opinions.

I'm not a fan of tattoos but my unpopular opinion is that they don't have to be meaningful. Nobody expects the design on your hoodie to be meaningful so why should the one on your arm be? If folk just want something that looks nice that's fine by me.
All of mine carry some degree of meaning but I have toyed with the idea of becoming plastered in them tbh. Theres an addictiveness to the whole thing.

On 22/09/2020 at 22:06, GNU_Linux said:

My favourite dish from the Chinese is Singaporean.

I used to live on Singapore Fried Noodles, it's just left overs fried with noodles. Tasty, nutritious and very cheap in that London's Soho. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Slippers are shite, and absolutely pointless.

I find a slipper easier to remove and more manoeuvrable than boots or trainers when there is a bluebottle that needs despatched. One downside to the decline of print media is the absence of handy fly-swats lying about

On 23/09/2020 at 07:18, Academically Deficient said:

Used to be such an establishment on Suchiehall St, Glasgow called The Canton Express. Solid clientele of elderly Chinese folk. They had a handwritten sign taped to the counter which said "dont ask for chips, we don't make them". Best Chinese I've ever had in my life.

Sadly gone now, probably driven out by the inferior buffet style places surrounding it.

Their seafood kon sui was something I still hanker after.

There are a few places up near St George's Cross that are always full of Chinese folk.

Or were.  I've not been up that way since Covid.

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

There are a few places up near St George's Cross that are always full of Chinese folk.

I worked in bookies down there and the bottom of Sauchiehall and they subsisted pretty much exclusively on the Chinese punters. Good lads but cheeky b*****ds.

On 25/09/2020 at 16:30, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I do find awful tattoos of family quite funny and I do appreciate the artistic skill of top tattooists.

While I agree that many tattoos (not all) are artistically very good, 99% of them still look absolutely rubbish.

Edited by Highland Capital

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Hmm. I don't have slippers but always have a few pairs of "house shoes", be it some really comfy loafers or a pair of sliders. 

I got a desk and proper chair for WFH. It still didn't feel right until I put shoes on. I compromised during warmer weather by changing in to sandals. Productivity would go through the roof of the rest of the lazy b*****ds put proper shoes on.

3 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I seen one up there with a pangolin on a lead. (I didn't). I used to frequent that area. There were some heavy duty Triad/ex Chinese Army guys hung about. They were genuinely terrifying. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I got a desk and proper chair for WFH. It still didn't feel right until I put shoes on. I compromised during warmer weather by changing in to sandals. Productivity would go through the roof of the rest of the lazy b*****ds put proper shoes on.

Sandals!?!    MMMmnnnggg

Edited by Mr Waldo

On 23/09/2020 at 08:04, MixuFruit said:

There's a place out Slateford way in Edinburgh that is always full of Chinese and doesn't appear.to have an entrance. Very intriguing.

On 23/09/2020 at 13:15, Shandön Par said:

There’s one on Dundee Terrace that gets bus loads of Chinese folk turning up.

I would like the names/specific locations of these establishments please. My search for a good Edinburgh Chinese continues.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I went on google maps and just got sad at all the open bars and restaurants. I think it's on Slateford road somewhere but it didn't have a shop front or anything whenever I walked past, just  a load of Chinese folk eating stuff like it was a dining club or something.

Could it just have been a Chinese family's front room by any chance, Dougal? 

7 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

No dammit! It was like a restaurant but with no signs and no obvious way in but big shop front windows and loads of Chinese folk inside eating. I did not imagine it!

Studio Ghibli have been in touch:

"A common side effect of over consumption of MSG is very vivid dreams and  waking delusions. It's how we get the inspiration for many of our movies. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I can see some phantoms emerging from that steaming bowl of noodles".