Unpopular opinions.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:
Nope I'm 2mins from Noors and far too close to 2 Celtic pubs for my liking emoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.png

Speaking of Grahams Road kebab shops, I see that lassie that trashed one got let off pretty lightly. 400 quid fine and some probation type arrangement.... Does that mean they guys have to pay for all that damage our their insurance? Shite if so.

I'd hope the insurance company would pay that.

Her lawyer argued a fine was a waste as she's poor

10 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Donner kebabs in Germany are far better than any I've had in the UK, although that German Donner Kebab place in Dundee is disappointing.

Authentic Berlin Currywurst is still the world's greatest fast food though...

This post couldn’t be more correct.

21 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Donner kebabs in Germany are far better than any I've had in the UK, although that German Donner Kebab place in Dundee is disappointing.

Do you get the Donner und Schitzens if you eat them though?

Not wrong. Always get it at least once on my annual jolly to Hamburg. Unreal bit of kit.

4 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

that German Donner Kebab place in Dundee is disappointing.

The guy that owns/runs that particular franchise made his money selling out of date drink to minors. Its not really a surprise the food shop he's running and employing an array of 17 year old girls caked in make up to work in isn't particularly enjoyable. 

Not wrong. Always get it at least once on my annual jolly to Hamburg. Unreal bit of kit.
Having been to Hamburg once, anyone who goes there regularly raises a wee eyebrow for me.... I dont mind a undercurrent of seediness running through a place, but Hamburg was frightening to me. One of the few, maybe only places I ever went for a weekend and said I wouldnt go back.

ETA.... that's reads like I'm accusing you of something [emoji23] I'm not, just when I hear that I'm like f**k that.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
I expected currywurst to be an Indian-German gastronomic sensation.
Disappointed it’s just a sausage with ketchup and curry powder.

Aye, its a huge disappointment.

One of my Top 5 disappointments was when I preordered Welsh Rarebit for breakfast at a B&B in Conwy. 

Following an evening of nothing to do other than look forward to this mystery dish  (I had no idea what rarebit was) as the rain  absolutely tipped it down outside, imagine the soul-crushing blow as I went downstairs in the morning to be given cheese on toast.  Haven't been back to Wales since and probably won't again if  that's the best culinary delight they have to offer.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Having been to Hamburg once, anyone who goes there regularly raises a wee eyebrow for me.... I dont mind a undercurrent of seediness running through a place, but Hamburg was frightening to me. One of the few, maybe only places I ever went for a weekend and said I wouldnt go back.

ETA.... that's reads like I'm accusing you of something emoji23.png I'm not, just when I hear that I'm like f**k that.

I enjoyed Hamburg immensely. Took in a SV Hamburg game, saw the sights etc. 

Not much in the way of old architecture for some reason though 😉

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

One of my Top 5 disappointments was when I preordered Welsh Rarebit for breakfast at a B&B in Conwy. 

Following an evening of nothing to do other than look forward to this mystery dish  (I had no idea what rarebit was) as the rain  absolutely tipped it down outside, imagine the soul-crushing blow as I went downstairs in the morning to be given cheese on toast.  Haven't been back to Wales since and probably won't again if  that's the best culinary delight they have to offer.

It's a bit better than that when properly done, but I haven't ordered it again since I got served a slice of burnt white toast with a slice of processed cheese on top.

In addition to the cheese, the sauce of a traditional Welsh Rarebit also usually contains: 

Beaten eggs 
Ale
Worcestershire sauce 
Mustard
Salt and pepper 
Paprika or cayenne pepper (optional)

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a bit better than that when properly done, but I haven't ordered it again since I got served a slice of burnt white toast with a slice of processed cheese on top.

Can’t remember if it was Mark Watson or Rhod Gilbert* that did a routine about the Welsh Ambassador hosting a state dinner and serving their national dish, cheese on toast. It was quite amusing. 

They all look the same