Unpopular opinions.

On 30/09/2020 at 11:32, Shandön Par said:

Have you tried Fortune Palace on Colinton Rd? 

On 30/09/2020 at 11:37, Honest_Man#1 said:

I have not, that’s next on the list now.

Okay so looking this place up, it appears from google streetview that there is a takeaway called Good World in its place. Is Fortune Palace a previous name or is streetview out of date?

On 23/09/2020 at 13:15, Shandön Par said:

There’s one on Dundee Terrace that gets bus loads of Chinese folk turning up.

One at Longstone certainly used to sell shark fin soup. Horrific practice. 

I saw one in Dundee called Tak a Wa the other month.  No idea if it's any good but really enjoyed that for a name. 

Screenshot_2020-10-01-18-17-10-677_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Okay so looking this place up, it appears from google streetview that there is a takeaway called Good World in its place. Is Fortune Palace a previous name or is streetview out of date?

Oh maybe - definitely had a makeover recently. Think it’s street view that’s out of date as it now looks more flash. Pretty sure it is now Fortune Palace but same shop anyway, next to the demolished Alfa garage.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

No harm walking bare foot around the house and have no shame answering the door with bare feet.

I have a pair of slippers which I never wear but keep them in case I have to go into hospital for some reason, ....always be prepared for every circumstance such as make sure you wear clean underwear in case you have an accident.

I shall scatter Lego bricks about your abode and see if you take up slipper wearing after stepping on one 

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I can't find a picture online, but there's another one in Dundee called Wok This Way.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Used to be one on the Nethergate, probably where the Mexican place is now, called the Kerry Oot.

These only strengthen the dismay at how Dundee was not awarded City of culture. 

Daylight fucking robbery. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

These only strengthen the dismay at how Dundee was not awarded City of culture. 

Daylight fucking robbery. 

Luigis, Visocchis and the Tip Top should have won this title for Dundee at a canter. Proof that you are correct and it was robbery.

Shows these awards are pointless though - Dundee does not need to be given such a title to be the real City of Culture.

Luigis, Visocchis and the Tip Top should have won this title for Dundee at a canter. Proof that you are correct and it was robbery.
Shows these awards are pointless though - Dundee does not need to be given such a title to be the real City of Culture.
As a Perth person I say this with nothing but truth - Dundee is too good for City of Culture status.

It's a fucking excellent small city with loads of great places to eat, plenty of history and locals with a sense of identity.

Mon' the Dundee (city of, not the Kilmac Stadium variety).

54 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
15 hours ago, 101 said:

These are outrageously comfy and almost certainly an unpopular opinion.

I just have to own a pair of these. They are beautiful and ridiculous in equal measure.

They are outrageous

47 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
15 hours ago, 101 said:

These are outrageously comfy and almost certainly an unpopular opinion.

Aside from the obvious on that screenshot, my main question is : does your phone give you the correct time in hours, minutes and seconds? If so, where can I find this wizardry?

Screenshot_20201002-115128.thumb.jpg.f14f2289c0d4c6ae7ce2b5a1f501bd7e.jpg

I have a one plus but should be in your settings.