Unpopular opinions.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Dune 2 video game is base building RTS excellence.

It truly was excellent. It was ground breaking and helped launch the genre.

Only gripe is that you couldn't group units.

RTS was a huge genre at one point. Definitely an unpopular opinion to say you like them these days.

Never could get in to them, but I've been meaning to give that War of the Worlds one a try for about twenty years.

On 19/09/2020 at 21:36, Shandön Par said:

To show Scotland is serious about tackling COVID 19 and protecting the NHS as well as the physical and mental well-being of the people, the government should ban alcohol and tobacco. 

Nicola. I know you’re lurking on here. If you want any more government policies just drop me a line. 

On 02/10/2020 at 22:11, tongue_tied_danny said:

Chinese food tastes better when served with chips instead of rice.

Fair enough, because you can just eat the chips and shove the MSG-saturated gloop-covered mystery meat to one side.

Except - chips is not something the average Chinese takeaway does well.

On 04/10/2020 at 13:15, BigFatTabbyDave said:

RTS was a huge genre at one point. Definitely an unpopular opinion to say you like them these days.

Never could get in to them, but I've been meaning to give that War of the Worlds one a try for about twenty years.

Still love 'em. Rise of Nations, Company of Heroes (NOT CoH 2, which is both fussy and money-grabbing), Command & Conquer (3 is the best), Age of Empires, Age of Mythology..

My Steam library is full of nostalgic treasures, mostly picked up for buttons in Steam Sales.

42 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Fair enough, because you can just eat the chips and shove the MSG-saturated gloop-covered mystery meat to one side.

Except - chips is not something the average Chinese takeaway does well.

Wrong. The Chinese (great bunch etc) are good at chips. It's your Turks and Indians that do them wrong.

24 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Beatles are boring and all members (aside from George Harrison who seemed alright) are arseholes.

I usually prefer their songs being performed by someone else. I recognise their song writing ability, particularly the later stuff. But as you say, very irritating characters.

57 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Beatles are boring and all members (aside from George Harrison who seemed alright) are arseholes.

I dunno, Ringo's work on Thomas The Tank Engine was pretty decent in fairness.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

George Harrison was a bellend as well. I am basing this purely on his, "Rap music? More like crap music", quote from an interview which I'm sure he thought was witty AF but was actually the first officially recorded piece of yer da patter.

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

George Harrison was a bellend as well. I am basing this purely on his, "Rap music? More like crap music", quote from an interview which I'm sure he thought was witty AF but was actually the first officially recorded piece of yer da patter.

He's just gone up in my estimations. Thank you for consolidating my original opinion. 

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Maybe he was being meta and that was actually a diss track? 

He also did My Sweet Lord, which is pretty excellent, even though he got done for plagiarism over it. 

PnB isn’t as funny as it used to be.  

Only an opinion rather than being able to back it up with #facts but think that down to posters with more ‘unconventional’ views being quietly euthanised from the forum for posting their closely held beliefs while under the influence of something strong. 

The only evidence I can muster is the PnB Gold section. Not one new thread has been lodged there in more than two years. 2017 had two,   2016 four and 2015 two. And with odd tickle in between, you’ve then got to go back to 2009 to find 15 (fifteen!) threads considered worthy of Gold status.  

I think it is now less of a place for society’s outliers and is instead a largely homogenous mass of right on socially responsible do-gooders. Not saying that makes anyone of those a bad person but it lacks, erm, variety. 

And I do still read regularly. Always in the hope the next L4L, Deeboy, Supras or other will briefly burn brightly before crashing to earth. 

21 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I dunno, Ringo's work on Thomas The Tank Engine was pretty decent in fairness.

Ringa was the best Beatle.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

And I do still read regularly. Always in the hope the next L4L, Deeboy, Supras or other will briefly burn brightly before crashing to earth. 

If you want to re-live the good old days, I could follow you about the forum copypasting 'be very specific' in reply to your posts?