Unpopular opinions.

16 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

The number of times I've seen people pointedly move seats/leave a pub because of someone's dug is absurd. Dugs improve everything.

Some people are allergic or have a fear of dogs or just generally don’t really like them. My ex had been bitten quite badly by a dog when she was younger and hated larger dogs as a result. Someone else’s dog doesn’t improve my pub experience one bit tbh. Not everyone has to like your animal 🤷🏻‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Suppose it's all down to the type of dog I suppose, like my learned friend @Bairnardo points out, a decent dog like a labrador who sits quietly enjoying it's bowl of water while  it's owner enjoys a pint is fine, wee arsehole humans who don't appreciate the pub and it's rules however are not welcome 

^^^ An equally important edit, unfortunately in an area where standards are sliding 😕

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Suppose it's all down to the type of dog I suppose, like my learned friend @Bairnardo points out, a decent dog like a labrador who sits quietly enjoying it's bowl of water while  it's owner enjoys a pint is fine, wee arsehole dogs who don't appreciate the pub and it's rules however are not welcome 

The proportion of dogs acting out in a pub will be substantially less the number of arseholes getting blootered and acting like an arsehole.

Edited by strichener

Dogs in drinking pubs is absolutely fine and can add to the feel of the place. 

Dogs in restaurants are horrible and put me off going in. 

People that let their dog eat off the table should be made to eat their tea from a bowl on the floor by the bins. 

6 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'm not a huge fan of pubs that actively encourage people to bring dogs, I want a pint in peace and no have a chiwawa running around.

Child friendly pubs can also be added to this list 

Would you go to the Jubilee Tavern in Burntisland Bert?

teaserbox_25741201.jpg?t=1422401763

JUBILEE TAVERN - Faces at the jubilee.html

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I'm deeply suspicious of any fan of a traditional senior team that hasn't been to the vast majority of the 42 'league grounds' by the time they're 30.

Agreed. I'm 29, only need to tick off Peterhead and Elgin from the long term senior clubs, plus Cove and Kelty. I've missed about 3 opportunities for Peterhead, I'm disappointed with myself.

3 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I'm deeply suspicious of any fan of a traditional senior team that hasn't been to the vast majority of the 42 'league grounds' by the time they're 30.

I'll only ever do 41 although I've actually done more than 42 given I'm old and went to the ones that are now supermarkets/wankers housing estates.

Oddly I've been to Firhill on and off in the last 20 years, mainly for Junior Cup Finals, but the last time I saw Partick Thistle play there they were playing Meadowbank.

3 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

It depends on the club you support I’d guess.  A 30 year old Kilmarnock fan who follows their side home and away won’t have had many opportunities to go to sides who haven’t been in the top flight recently.

Other sides like Livingston would make that a far easier job.

4 hours ago, strichener said:

The proportion of dogs acting out in a pub will be substantially less the number of arseholes getting blootered and acting like an arsehole.

The entire point of pubs is to encourage people to get blootered though, so your 'point' here is completely ridiculous. 

Guest TheJTS98
5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It depends on the club you support I’d guess.  A 30 year old Kilmarnock fan who follows their side home and away won’t have had many opportunities to go to sides who haven’t been in the top flight recently.

Other sides like Livingston would make that a far easier job.

I found this with Hearts (until the age of 29 when we got relegated).

I was lucky as a kid in that I was taken to loads of grounds, including lower league ones. But then I spent my 'yoof' doing home and away with Hearts before moving abroad.

On trips home now I'm very choosy about my Hearts games. I won't go to places like Rugby Park, or McDiarmid anymore. I just don't think it's enjoyable enough to be worth the money. Skipped our trip to Dunfermline in the cup last time I was home too, been loads of times and I don't love EEP.

I take these chances to go to other games now and limit Hearts games to Tynecastle and the better away grounds. Still love a trip to Aberdeen or either Dundee ground. Always enjoy Motherwell too. But I'll bin off a lot of the oft-visited aways now.

I'm steadily getting towards the full set of grounds, only a few to go. But if I'd put emphasis on this as a younger man, I'd have been done years ago.

Edited by TheJTS98

8 hours ago, virginton said:

The entire point of pubs is to encourage people to get blootered though, so your 'point' here is completely ridiculous. 

Obviously you are one that fits the arsehole category so your opinion gets filed in the bin.