Unpopular opinions.

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Aberdeen is a great city and a wonderful place to live. 

Some of the best people I know are aberdonians. Their reputation for dourness is undeserved.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sorry peasants, you've made me break a golden rule and use the red dot button.

Fill your boots, I've had my notifications switched off ever since Princess-Diana-Swallows-Spunk-Gate. 

Finn Russell is massively overrated. One bit of brilliance every ten games or so from the 'mercurial' player isn't good enough to earn all the acclaim he receives. 

53 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Finn Russell is massively overrated. One bit of brilliance every ten games or so from the 'mercurial' player isn't good enough to earn all the acclaim he receives. 

Rugbys James McFadden 

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Neil Oliver’s fair let himself go.

Hide contents

The racist c**t.

I was thinking he was a bit like Robert Carlyle

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fill your boots, I've had my notifications switched off ever since Princess-Diana-Swallows-Spunk-Gate. 

Still?

Are you now positing that the Queen of Hearts is performing said ministrations in Hell, you Britain-hating monster?

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Still?

Are you now positing that the Queen of Hearts is performing said ministrations in Hell, you Britain-hating monster?

Aye, I dare say there are staunch believers on here red dotting me furiously because I suggested that gentlemen of the upper classes spurted their curd down the royal oesophagus.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Aye, I dare say there are staunch believers on here red dotting me furiously because I suggested that gentlemen of the upper classes spurted their curd down the royal oesophagus.

The oddest thing is that she likely wouldn't have been offended at all, considering the way the royals talk to each other when they think nobody's listening.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Nico who sang with the velvet underground is bloody awful and when I hear her being played on 6 music, I switch the radio off, terrible.

I think that was the point. 

On 15/03/2024 at 15:37, GTG_03 said:

Some of the best people I know are aberdonians. Their reputation for dourness is undeserved.

As a quasi-weegie living up here this is absolutely on the money. A lot of the "aberdonians are dour" chat comes from Glaswegians who massively buy into their own "whit we like?" self-aggrandising mythology. 

I've never found the denizens of this fine city to be anything other than warm and friendly. 

Also, and I can't say this enough. I love that there's none of the bigotry pish up here. It took me a while to decompress after living in EK/Glasgow for 30 years but it's a breath of (admittedly very cold) fresh air.

I don’t think I’ve ever visited a part of Scotland where I haven’t thought most locals were nice. Obviously you get individuals who are dicks and sometimes groups of people are unfriendly or cause issues but overall our country and countrymen are good.